Mana Stratquiz Note
Question 1. Which of the following is an advantage of a divisional type of organizational structure?
- A. Efficient use of managerial and technical talent.We will write a custom essay sample on Mana Stratquiz NoteOrder Now
or any similar topic only for you
- B. An enhanced ability to respond quickly to changes in the external environment.
- C. High degree of emphasis on long term performance.
- D. Uniformity in image and quality across divisions.
Question 2. A strategy of related diversification requires most firms to organize around geographical areas or product lines. This type of organizational growth leads to a(n)
- A. divisional structure.
- B. functional structure.
- C. matrix structure.
- D. international structure.
Question 3. What is the name of the practice that many modular organizations use to grow?
- A. operational effectiveness
- B. outsourcing
- C. strategic leveraging
- D. strategic enabling
Question 4. Nike is a company that makes use of the concept of “product expatriates. ” Product expatriates are
- A. managers from the home country sent abroad to oversee the marketing of a company’s products.
- B. managers from suppliers who come to work at a company’s headquarters.
- C. managers of the company sent abroad to work at the plants of its suppliers.
- D. local nationals hired by the company in the countries from which it sources products.
Question 5. All of the following are disadvantages of a divisional type of organizational structure except
- A. it can be very expensive compared to a functional organizational structure.
- B. there is a strong tendency for divisions to focus on short-term performance.
- C. there can be dysfunctional competition among divisions.
- D. there is separation of strategic and operating control.
Question 6. Lockheed Martin uses a coalition of three entities–its own company, academia, and government–to achieve its goals. This is an example of a
- A. matrix organization.
- B. modular organization.
- C. virtual organization.
- D. divisional structure.
Question 7. Strategic business unit (SBU) and holding company structures result from extensive
- A. diversification.
- B. vertical integration.
- C. international expansion.
- D. organizational flattening.
Question 8. Which of the following is an advantage of a functional type of organizational structure?
- A. Decentralized decision-making enhances an organization-wide perspective across functions.
- B. It facilitates the development of general management talent.
- C. Pooling of specialists enhances coordination and control.
- D. It is easy to establish uniform performance standards.
Question 9. The relationship between strategy and structure can be best described as
- A. strategy determines structure but structure does not determine strategy.
- B. structure determines strategy but strategy does not determine structure.
- C. strategy and structure influence each other.
- D. a third force determines both strategy and structure.
Question 10. A matrix organizational structure is characterized by
- A. dual reporting relationships.
- B. a combination of functional and divisional organization structures.
- C. efficient use of resources and expertise.
- D. all of the above.