Climate change is the historical change in the pattern of average seasonal conditions. These changes are generally studied by dividing the history of the Earth over long periods. This change in climatic conditions can also be natural and the result of human activities. Population growth, unabated use of water, indiscriminate deforestation, etc. are included in human causes.
The greenhouse effect and global warming are considered to be the result of human actions, which is the result of the increase in the amount of gases from the industries like carbon dioxide, etc. released by humans after the industrial revolution. Scientists have been constantly warning about the dangers of climate change.
Long and Short Essay on How to Prevent and Stop Climate Change in English
Order custom essay Essay on How to Prevent and Stop Climate Change with free plagiarism report
Following are some long and short essay on how to prevent and stop climate change in several word limits for the help of students and to encourage them to be aware of the climatic changes those are observed nowadays.
These How to Prevent and Stop Climate Change essay have suggested the methods to control it from any further loss.
How to prevent and stop climate change essay will provide information about the steps to be taken for the less damage and students may use it in their school assignments for writing essay on the topic or they may use it in debates and group discussion with their friends and teachers.
How to Prevent and Stop Climate Change Essay – 1 (200 Words)
Scientists and environmentalists say that CFC gases are the main cause of rising temperature of the Earth and referred as to global warming. The emission of CFC gases has to be stopped and for this, the utilization of refrigerators, air conditioners and other cooling machines will have to be reduced or use of machines which emit less CFC gas should be used.
The smoke emanating from the chimneys of industrial units is harmful and the carbon dioxide released from them increases the heat. Measures have to be taken to prevent pollution in these units. As we know carbon di-oxide is produced during burning. The more concentration of CO2 leads to warming the environment by Green House effect and also responsible for the depletion of Ozone layer in the stratosphere causing harmful rays to enter in the Earth’s atmosphere.
Environmental standards will have to be strictly followed to reduce the impact of smoke from vehicles. Vehicles release poisonous gases such as carbon mono-oxide, sulphur di-oxide and methane. Efforts will have to be made to reuse waste from industries and especially chemical units and stop felling of trees on priority and emphasize conservation of forests.
Renewable energy measures have to be taken care of, that if wind power, solar energy and hydro-electricity are taken care of instead of electricity generated from coal, then method of control on gases heating the atmosphere can be found.
How to Prevent and Stop Climate Change Essay – 2 (300 Words)
Man has polluted the environment at a large scale. There is no doubt that the planet and atmosphere we call home could one day turn against us. The temperature of the Earth has been increasing year by year in the last few decades. The earth’s temperature has been increased by 3%. Pollution caused by the release of carbon dioxide at a large scale by factories and industries into the air creates a blanket over the atmosphere. Global warming can damage the whole chain of events and disrupts ecosystems and weather patterns. We all will have to pay for the reasons that we did.
Therefore we have to put steps forward to stop or prevent global warming and not have to seek colonization on other planets. It seems impossible to stop climate change but it is easy to prevent it by further damage by taking few initiatives.
People may use compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs in spite of using regular incandescent light bulb as they consume 70% less energy than ordinary bulbs and have a longer life p. Reduce, reuse, and recycle policy should be adopted to control the pollution. People have to learn using eco-friendly products more and more and should adapt natural way of living. Reuse and recycle methods can significantly decrease the rate of change of the climate.
Keeping in mind the apprehensions that scientists and environmentalists have expressed in front of us, it is in the interest of mankind to take precautions in time. Now the time has come for us to limit our needs and avoid being too materialistic.
Environmentally friendly technological development, bio-fertilizers, use of bio-pesticides and bio-fuels are preferred, if necessary, cut trees and replace them with at least five trees, stop the destruction of forests, only then human can imagine society and manage to mitigate the effects of this problem to some extent. This will be a huge achievement in this direction. Otherwise it will not be easy to stop the destruction.
How to Prevent and Stop Climate Change Essay – 3 (400 Words)
Climate is the major factor controlling environment, because climate affects natural vegetation, soil, water bodies and fauna. Climate affects human mental and physical activities. Climate is the most influential of the elements affecting humans as it also controls other environmental factors. Now many scientists are afraid that a large number of gases produced by the people activities can change the nature of the climate and the environment in due course of time.
Many scientists believe that harmful gases make life on Earth seriously rare, by increasing the temperature of the planets. Other experts do not agree with this, but they believe that the temperature of the earth has been fluctuating for centuries and the long-term effects of climate change still need to be understood.
Result of Global Warming
Earth’s temperature has increased as a result of global warming. The ice of the poles is rapidly melting due to which the sea level is rising. Erosion of the ozone layer has led to increased side effects of ultraviolet rays. Polluted environment is being affected not only the human life but also on animals and birds and flora. Many rare species have been destroyed. The number of animals and birds is decreasing. Natural disasters like floods, droughts, storms, cyclones, earthquake, and land-slides have also increased.
How to Prevent Climatic Changes
Today, long-term sustainable development is required while minimizing the exploitation of natural resources while preserving the environment. Earth can be saved by adopting environment friendly lifestyle. For this, by saving energy at every step and preserving the land and forests, we can create an environment friendly environment.
The whole world has to plant more and more trees and the use of fossil fuels will be reduced. Pollution-free energy sources such as solar energy, wind power, tidal energy have to be adopted. These measures can definitely help in saving the earth from the dangers of climate change.
In order to control climate change, there is a need to adapt such technologies that reduce the emission of greenhouse gases and encourage the development of new technologies in this direction. In this endeavor, we will also have to resort to traditional knowledge so that our efforts towards controlling climate change will be successful as well as connect the whole society. Thus, the challenge of climate change can be tackled by participation of all.
Apart from these, everyone will have to make efforts to save the planet Earth from climate crisis, only then this planet will remain beautiful and lively. For this, we have to use natural resources efficiently and with full efficiency.
How to Prevent and Stop Climate Change Essay – 4 (500 Words)
Earth’s contaminated environment due to heat is a burning problem before the whole world. Due to this, today millions of fauna and flora have become extinct from the earth and many are on the verge of extinction. No nation or individual can remain free from its ill effects. As a result, problems of displacement, conflict, starvation, destruction of natural beauty and culture and nurturing the feeling of personal and national insecurity are visible.
These problems are free from the shackles of the country’s borders. Therefore, national and international common efforts are needed to solve these huge problems so that we can give a clean and healthy environment to our future generations in legacy. Although it is not possible to put a complete stop to the sequence of climate change which has started, it can be prevented from changing further by taking precautions.
Certain Tips to Prevent and Stop Climate Change
- Electric energy should be used because it is economical instead of coal for power generation; natural gas should be used as a fuel in transport and industries also.
- Non-conventional sources of energy such as wind energy, hydroelectric energy and solar energy should be used prominently.
- The process of recycling the goods should be invigorated because recycling a product and re-producing it costs less energy is needed than producing it again.
- The amount of gases such as methane, chloro-fluoro carbon (CFC), sulphur dioxide and trioxide, carbon monoxide etc. had to be controlled. This control is possible only by increasing the use of environment friendly substances.
- Control of climate can be done by controlling the amount of various harmful gases in the environment and by increasing the amount of oxygen by operating forest conservation and tree plantation programmes.
- Mankind is dependent on the fauna and flora found in nature for meeting the needs of daily life. Hence at least planting and caring of 5 trees should be motivated and if seemed necessary govt. should impose it by law.
- Ecological agriculture is a good option for environmental protection. Ecological agriculture must be practisiced to stop the use of chemical fertilizers and more chemicals in agriculture.
- Plastics garbage spoils the life form in many ways and also contributing in the temperature rise. Hence either there should be a complete ban on plastics or it must be recycled for next use.
- Vehicles omit poisonous gases into the atmosphere. Thus it is advised that public transport will have to be used to reduce the pollution level.
Even ordinary people can contribute significantly in reducing this tragedy. Car pooling or public vehicles should be used by people and the use of vehicles that are too old should be stopped. Only CFL or LED bulbs should be used in homes and offices. Use of star-rated devices is encouraged to save energy. Television and other electrical and electronic devices should be completely turned off after use; they should not be left on standby mode. Cooking gas or solar cooking should be used for cooking. Awareness should bring about global warming and its future consequences in public.
Long Essay on How to Prevent and Stop Climate Change – 5 (600 Words)
Most of the experts and institutes who understand climate change are challenging that if there is not very comprehensive efforts to control this crisis, then the situation will get out of control in few years. News of growing disasters is being reported all over the world. Therefore, the time has come that efforts should be made to save them from now.
How to Prevent and Stop Climate Change
There are some steps which can be taken immediately.
Preservation of Forests
First of all it is very important to save the forests. It is estimated that every 50 minutes of tropical forests are destroyed by the world, equal to 5.5 million hectares per year. In many places they are destroyed by burning and only because of this, 20 percent carbon dioxide is emitted on the earth. These forests are cut down for wood, for industries, for farming.
The task of protecting forests has always been important. The usefulness of forests has always been in terms of soil and water conservation, reducing the crisis of floods and droughts and the livelihood of tribals and villagers. Now the ability of forests to absorb carbon dioxide has become very important in the climate change.
It is imperative that a large part of the financial resources available to prevent climate change should be passed on to the communities which have been protecting the forests and can do this work much better if there is support for it in future. Along with this, the important work of plantation and maintenance of new trees should also go ahead.
Advancement of Renewable Energy
Along with protecting forests, the second important point is to advance renewable energy sources. Till now solar energy, wind power etc. have got only place on the margins of the energy sector. The situation has changed after their role in resolving the crisis of climate change is clear and efforts are being made to get renewable energy sources more important in the energy sector.
Conservation of Energy
Organizations such as Greenpeace have found that decentralized development of renewable energy will help more to meet the energy needs of those communities currently suffering from the power crisis. Energy conservation will also have to be emphasized more. The amount available for the solution of climate change in the world, the poor and developing countries should get abundant amount for renewable energy development.
Adapting Organic Farming
If organic farming is encouraged in agriculture and unnecessary mechanization is avoided, it will also help in reducing the crisis of climate change. In industrialization, instead of luxury goods, more attention should be paid to the products of all people. In the entire economy, the highest priority should be given to meeting the basic needs of all people and for this, technologies should be encouraged in which greenhouse gas emissions and other pollution is reduced.
Change in Business and Trade
It is also important to change the way of business and trade that pollute the environment or indirectly raise the temperature. The issue of climate change should not be limited to the International Congress alone, it should make a continuous effort to reach them in the language of the common people, especially in the event of catastrophic disasters, how should the people prepare to face them and for this the government should help. It should be given more attention.
The question arises that how to prepare to face big and terrible disasters. If we make these questions a main priority and the government and administration are ready to adapt to this priority, then the adverse effects of climate change may not be completely stopped, but these side effects can be reduced considerably.
Renewable energy development and energy conservation are areas to save the whole world from crisis, so their new technology will have to be kept free from patents, royalty etc. Whatever new technologies come in these areas, they should be available free of charge to all countries and people.
Essay on Effects and Impacts of Climate Change
In the last few years, a rapid change in the climate has been observed. Weather has its own specialty, but now its manner is changing. This is happening all over the world. Scientists believe that the gases we are omitting in the atmosphere through industry and agriculture are making the layer of green house gases thick. This layer is absorbing more energy and raising the temperature of the earth. This is commonly called global warming that result in climate change. The most dangerous of these is the increase in the amount of carbon dioxide.
Carbon dioxide is produced when we burn fuel. The cutting of forests has also increased this problem further. The carbon dioxide which the plants used to absorb is now dissolving in the atmosphere. Emissions of other greenhouse gases methane and nitrous oxide have also increased due to human activities. The biggest impact of climate change can be on poor countries. Human beings and animals will also have an impact on their lives. The risk of extinction of trees and animals living in particular weather will increase.
Long and Short Essay on Effects and Impacts of Climate Change in English
Climate change is two words that you will be hearing often these days.
After all, why is this subject being discussed so much? Isn’t this something that meteorologists should worry about? How is this matter of concern for us? Let us find out about this together through these Essay on Effects and Impacts of Climate Change, which are given for your consideration.
Following Essay on Effects and Impacts of Climate Change will provide you the knowledge of the natural and man-made reasons that are responsible for it.
These Effects and Impacts of Climate Change essay will become helpful for the students for their academic purposes and is useful in debates and discussions.
Effects and Impacts of Climate Change Essay – 1 (200 Words)
Climate change refers to any change in climate over a long period of time, whether it is due to natural deviations or as a result of human activities. Climate change is an important and permanent change in the statistical distribution of weather patterns over a period of several decades to millions of years.
The concentration of greenhouse gases, especially carbon dioxide, has increased over the past several decades due to increased use of coal in electricity production and use of fossil fuel in many other works. Since the time of the Industrial Revolution in the 18th century, its quantity in the atmosphere is continuously increasing resulting in the problem of climate change.
There is a clear effect of the global warming on the atmosphere. Glaciers have shrunk. Areas of plants and animals have been displaced and uneven flowering in trees is being observed. The ensuing climate scenario explores that the global temperature is expected to increase by 20 C to 50 Celsius and the rainfall will be reduced by about 15 %.
Therefore, it is clear from the above facts that the developed and developing countries of the world have to work together to solve this problem. It is not a problem of any one country or one person. This is the problem of the whole world and the whole world will have to solve it together.
Effects and Impacts of Climate Change Essay – 2 (300 Words)
Global warming has resulted in serious problems of climate change due to combustion of fossil fuels and excessive exploitation of natural resources. Climate change is affecting the Arctic region, Africa and small islands more. The North Pole is warming at twice the rate than the rest of the world. Antarctica’s temperature has doubled in the last 100 years.
The impact of climate change is being seen and felt in all regions of the world. India is also facing many problems due to the rising temperature of the earth. It is estimated that by the end of this century, the average temperature in India will increase by 40C.
Climate change will affect the flora and fauna on the earth. As a result of climate change, the monsoon regions of the world will get increased rainfall, which resulted in problems like floods, landslides and land erosion. Water quality is getting declined. There will be serious effects on the supply of fresh water. Climate change will have an impact on agricultural yields.
Thus, it can be said that climate change is a serious global problem which will result in large scale upheavals all over the world. The islands will cease to exist in the world due to climate change.
Today, increasing human activities and fulfillment of needs, indiscriminate use of natural resources is the root of these problems. Climate change will also have an adverse effect on human health. It is necessary to use them in appropriate and balanced quantities. Otherwise the untoward happening in future will not be avoided.
As we know, the climate stability of a place provides stability by encouraging agriculture, income, employment, water-life, society and culture there. Therefore, as a responsible citizen, we all have to play an important role in maintaining the environmental ecosystem clean and sustainable and at the same time bring environmental awareness to the people.
Effects and Impacts of Climate Change Essay – 3 (400 Words)
Climate change will have serious consequences in a tropical country like India. Inflation will increase due to the decline in agricultural production as a result of climate change, resulting in an unprecedented increase in criminal incidents due to increase in poverty, hunger and unemployment. Failure of crops will force farmers to commit suicide. The outbreak of infectious diseases will lead to unprecedented increase in the death rate due to these diseases. Climate change will also have an indirect effect on the country’s internal security and strategic sector.
Impact of Climate Change on Ecology and Environment Sector:
- Due to climate change, the water level in the Bay of Bengal will increase.
- The Andaman and Nicobar Islands will be submerged in water as a result there will be a large scale loss of biodiversity.
- Coral reef will be destroyed by being a victim of coral bleaching due to the heating of ocean water.
- The flora of the Himalayas will be particularly affected by climatic changes
- Due to climate change, the population of insects, weeds and microbes will increase.
- There will be a serious risk of contamination of surface and ground water.
- Due to climate warming, there will be an increase in the incidence of forest fires.
Impact of Climate Change on Health Sector:
- Due to climate change, the rate of respiratory and cardiovascular diseases will increase in the country.
- Infectious diseases such as diarrhea, dysentery, cholera, tuberculosis, gastroenteritis, jaundice etc., will increase.
Impact of Climate Change on Agriculture Sector:
- The production of staple crops in the rain-fed areas of the country will decrease by about 125-130 million tonnes.
- Climate change will have a direct impact on the distribution of rainfall.
Impact of Climate Change on Resource Area:
Climate change will have an adverse effect on the country’s resources. Important biological resources like forests will be destroyed due to global warming. The dependence on chemical fertilizers will increase the rate of soil erosion resulting in the depletion of important resources like soil. Due to the melting of glaciers as a result of climate change, the rivers originating from the Himalayas will cease to exist, resulting in unprecedented reduction in water resources.
Climate change will have direct and indirect effects on the agriculture, environment, and health of the country. As a result of climate change, agricultural production of the country will decrease. Inflation will increase due to decrease in food production, resulting in increase in poverty and unemployment which will lead to increase in crime in the country.
Effects and Impacts of Climate Change Essay – 4 (500 Words)
Rapid climate change has become a major cause of concern worldwide. Greenhouse gases exist in the environment to spread the heat of the sun throughout the world for the existence of life. Due to the effect of greenhouse gases, the Earth’s atmosphere absorbs a large part of the energy from the sun. However, human activities are increasing the amount of these gases, especially the carbon dioxide in the environment, damaging the protective greenhouse layer, leading to global warming or climate change.
The average global temperature has increased by 0.80 C since the beginning of the Industrial Era. Scientists have expressed concern over the rapidly changing environment of the Earth. Therefore, they are constantly ringing the alarm bell on this issue.
Impacts and Effects of Climate Change
- Change in climate pattern: Climate is being influenced by humans by releasing chemicals and toxic gases into the air through activities such as industrial and vehicle emissions. The use of coal, petrol and natural gas are the major causes of greenhouse gas emissions. It is clear that the climate is changing rapidly in the world. The rain cycle has been adversely affected.
- Loss of green cover: Climate has been changed completely due to the unforeseen cutting or burning of forests by humans in order to dispose of the rapidly growing population along with the increase in cultivated land. These activities have resulted in loss of biodiversity and are ringing danger alarm for human too.
- Sea water level rise: Sea water levels have increased as a result of climate change. The oceans are warming as the glaciers melt. The water level of the oceans is rising at alarming proportions which can cause widespread destruction of coastal areas.
- Depletion of natural resources: Natural wealth has been damaged due to climate change. It is adversely affecting glaciers, coral reefs, vegetation, arctic and alpine ecosystems, boreal forests, tropical forests, prairie lakes and grasslands.
- Farming in crisis: Climate change has a negative impact on agricultural production, in more countries where agricultural production is dependent on rainfall.
- Threat to biodiversity: An increase in temperature affects the milk production and fertility of animals. Many species could go extinct and cause doom if climate change phenomena were not controlled.
- Disasters and Calamities: Climate change will affect the whole ecosystem. This is often reflected in the form of wildfires, droughts, tropical storms and volcanic activities.
- Impact on developing countries: Developing countries in Asia, Africa and the Pacific Ocean are particularly at risk of spreading diseases. This may reduce their agricultural production. In fact, developing countries will suffer a lot of damage at all levels of climate change.
Overall, climate change or global warming has emerged as a major threat to human society. Till date, man has not been forced to face such a big environmental crisis. If people do not take care of it and put forward immediate steps to stop ‘global warming’; we will not be able to save life on Earth.
Long Essay on Effects and Impacts of Climate Change – 5 (600 Words)
Global warming has resulted in serious problems of climate change due to combustion of fossil fuels and excessive exploitation of natural resources. If climate change is not stopped in time, millions of people will become the victim of disasters like starvation, water crisis and floods. This crisis will affect the whole world.
Climate change is affecting the Arctic region, Africa and small islands more. The North Pole (Arctic region) is warming at twice the rate than the rest of the world. According to scientists, the North Pole ice will melt during the summer in the next few years. The impact of climate change will be seen in all regions of the world. India will also face many problems due to the rising temperature of the earth. It is estimated that by the end of this century, the average temperature in India will increase by 4°C.
Effects of Climate Change
- Rise in temperature: In recent decades, due to the green house effect, the average temperature of the Earth has increased in many areas. According to the prediction of scientists, by the year 2020, the temperature of the whole world will be the highest compared to the last 1000 years.
- Effect on rainfall: As a result of climate change, in the monsoon regions of the world, there will be increase in rainfall, which will cause problems like floods, landslides and land erosion. Water quality will decline. There will be serious effects on the supply of fresh water.
- Effect on sea level: Climate change will have an impact on the biodiversity rich coral reefs and the species found in the sea, which is called the tropical rainforest of the oceans. Thermal seawater will result in adverse effects on the algae (microbial flora) that provide food and pigment to the coral reefs. Warm oceans will be the factors of the bleaching process that will destroy these high productivity ecosystems.
- Impact on agriculture: Climate change will have an impact on agricultural yields. Changes in air patterns will result in uneven distribution of rainfall. As a result of climate change, grain production will decline due to increase in frequency of natural calamities like flood, drought and storm.
- Effect on biodiversity: Climate change will also have an impact on biodiversity. The risk of ecological imbalance will increase as a result of biodiversity degradation. Incidents of heat in the climate will increase the incidence of fire in tropical forests resulting in the loss of biodiversity due to the destruction of forests.
- Effects on human health: Climate change will also have an impact on human health. According to the report of the World Health Organization, due to the heat in the climate, breathing and cardiovascular diseases will increase.
- Effect on glaciers: Climate change will also have an impact on glaciers. Due to the heat, the glaciers will melt and end. According to a research, in the Himalayan region of India, glaciers decreased by 16 percent between 1962 and 2000.
- Natural disasters: The frequency of maritime storms will increase due to global climate change resulting in loss of life and property in coastal areas. Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, floods, droughts, forest fire, etc. will affect the flora and fauna on the earth.
Today, increasing human activities and fulfillment of needs, indiscriminate use of natural resources is the root of these problems. It is necessary to use them in appropriate and balanced quantities. Otherwise the untoward happening in future will not be avoided. As we know, the climate stability of a place provides stability by encouraging agriculture, income, employment, water-life, society and culture there. Therefore, as a responsible citizen, we all have to play an important role in maintaining the environmental ecosystem clean and sustainable and at the same time bring environmental awareness to the people.
Global Warming Synthesis
In modern society, global warming is one of the most serious problems causing unrest all over the world. Global warming has been blamed for a host of recent worldwide issues, such as an increase in the number and severity of hurricanes, higher temperatures and droughts, and various other environmental changes. Thus, countermeasures to cope with the aggravating global warming are urgent questions in the present day.
To deal with the problem of global warming, many nations and organizations are making policies and implementing them in various fields. But there are some key issues that leaders should consider when making policies to solve global warming; the practicality and morality of the policies. When dealing with global warming, the practicality of policies is one of the most important and fundamental issues. Yet the policies are useless if they cannot be implemented.
As we have limited resources, we should choose to maximize our resources by comparing the benefits and costs of each policy. In other words, the balancing global warming and other problems should be set appropriately. (Source D) Too much burden on economic development lessens the possibility of carrying out the policies. Furthermore, the actual effectiveness is a critical factor when making global warming policies. Thus, the countermeasure to global warming is in a state of emergency.
But according to Maslin Mark, the requirements of the Kyoto Protocol are far below the threshold diminution necessary to “prevent major climatic change. ” (Source E) In other words, the makers of the Kyoto Protocol should have been considered the actual effect precisely to produce satisfactory results. Therefore, leaders should consider the economic practicality and the extent of expected effect when making policies that may affect global warming. Policies that may affect global warming should also consider moral and ethical aspects.
on Essay on How to Prevent and Stop Climate Change
Did you know that we have over 70,000 essays on 3,000 topics in our database?
Cite this page
Essay on How to Prevent and Stop Climate Change. (2020, Aug 10). Retrieved from https://phdessay.com/essay-on-how-to-prevent-and-stop-climate-change/