The hospitality services We need to first understand what the product itself is. For example if the product is the Front Office, then what are the expectations of a guest from the Front office? Front Office is the place which is the first focal point of a customer when a customer walks in. How is that handled? Is it courteously with a smile or in a haphazard way This is here the service quality is going to make the difference as this will be the product that will back the main product. If it is a telephonic reservation the courtesy and warmth should be felt as the guest cannot see your smile.
If the reservation is made by a fax or letter the duration for the response will then become the service that backs the product. Will the response be within 24 hours or will it take days to reply as there is sufficient time for the arrival. What would impress a guest? Service on offer should be offered with all the trimmings as present day customers have much to choose from. Service offered should be provided with the staff being prepared to go that extra mile. Making customers happy is the motto of the Hospitality service. It is a service that requires to be done with a smile.
People of all walks of life, will at some stage or the other be able to enjoy being served by someone . (www. Bosoms. Com) 1. 1. 5 Diversity of Hospitality Industry In an increasingly well-connected world, the diversity of the entrepreneurial community of its thoughts, of its ideas, its backgrounds and experiences-?is not only growing in numbers, but also simply in visibility and importance. Diversity covers all aspects of the hospitality industry and it's not Just "the right thing to do"-?it's good for business too. It's simply smart business to focus on diversity and address it in an active way.
Order custom essay Hotel And Hospitality Industry Essay with free plagiarism report
Some of the Diversity of the Hospitality Industry as given below:
Hotel Hotel is defined as a place where a bandied traveler can get food shelter and security if he/she is in a fit condition to receive them and pay for them. Hotel is also known as Home Away From Home. The main objectives of hotel is to provide food and beverage, accommodation and security to the guest on return of the payment ND has a right to refuse if the customer is not in fit condition to receive the service.
L) Types of hotel according to Star Rating:
1 . One-Star hotel These properties are generally small and independently owned, with a family atmosphere. There may be a limited range of facilities and the meals may fairly simple. Example- Hotel Buddha, Hotel Encounter. Some of the facilities inside this type of hotel as given below:- ; 100% of the rooms with shower or bath tub ; Daily room cleaning ; 100% of the rooms with color-TV together with remote control ; ; Soap or body wash ; Reception service Facsimile at the reception ; Publicly available telephone for guests ; Extended breakfast ; Beverage offer in the hotel ; Deposit possibility
2. Two-Star hotel Table and chair In this class, hotel will typically be small to medium sized, and offer more extensive facilities than one star hotels. Example Hotel Katmandu view, Hotel Thames Katmandu etc.... Some of the facilities inside this type of hotel as given below:- ; Breakfast buffet ; Reading light next to the bed ; Bath essence or shower gel ; Bath towels ; Linen shelves ; Offer of sanitary products (e. G. Toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving kit)
3. Three-Star hotel ; Credit Cards Hotels are usually of a size to support higher staffing levels as well as significance higher quality and range of facilities than at the lower star classification. Hotel mango, Hotel landmark Pokka etc...... Following are some of the facilities inside this type of hotel:
- Three piece suite at the reception, luggage service ;
- Beverage offer in the room ;
- Telephone in the room ;
- Internet access in the room or in the public area
4. Four-star hotel Expectations at this level include a degree of luxury as well as quality in furnishings, cord, and equipment in every area of hotel.
Example- Shank hotel, Himalayan hotel Following are some of the facilities inside this type of hotel:
- Reception opened 18 hours, accessible by phone 24 hours from inside and outside ;
- Lobby with seats and beverage service ;
- Breakfast buffet or breakfast menu card via room service ;
- Minivan or 24 hours beverages via room service ;
- Upholstered chair/couch with side table ;
- Swimming pool/ Jacuzzi etc.
5. Five-Star hotel These types of hotel are more standard and luxury as well as quality in accommodation and F and B services. It is more standard and more fascinated than four-star hotel.
Example Hyatt Regency, Radiators hotel etc.... Following are some of the facilities inside this type of hotel:- ; Reception opened 24 hours, multilingual staff ; Doorman-service or valet parking ; Concierge, page boy ; Spacious reception hall with several seats and beverage service ; Personalized greeting for each guest with fresh flowers or a present in the room ; Minivan and food and beverage offer via room service during 24 hours ; Personal care products in falcons ; Internet-PC in the room ; Safe in the room Casino/ swimming pool etc........ John R. Walker, 2012) There are four basic types of hotel ownership and management: franchise, privately owned and operated, leased and managed. A franchise operation is privately owned, but the owner pays an up-front fee to purchase the franchise along with ongoing royalties. A privately owned and operated hotel may have investors or others with a financial interest in the hotel, but the ownership structure is in one person or company's name. Leased hotels are owned by an individual or company, but normally lease the physical building.
A managed hotel is also privately owned, but has signed an agreement with another hotel brand to run the hotel operations. (Rocco M. Angelo, 2011)
1. Franchise hotel The hotel's owner is dependent on that brand name for its business. If the brand loses popularity with consumers, the owner's business suffers as well. In addition, since a franchise is generally limited to the territory it can market in and cannot franchise itself, its growth options are limited to purchasing additional franchises. Example -Hilton hotel, Hyatt, Radiators etc.
2. Privately owned hotel This type of hotel ownership gives an owner the most freedom, but also the biggest risk. As it is the private property. The hotel owner is free to make all decisions on staff, operational structure and growth, but does not have the benefit of a brand behind him. Example - Effort hotel, Hazelnut's hotel etc.
3. Leased hotel Leased hotels are also privately owned, but the physical hotel building belongs to someone else. These types of arrangements are generally on long-term leases. The lesser will stipulate a minimum rent for the premises, and may also include a sliding scale based on total revenue for ongoing rent. Example - Gordon Ramsey
4. Managed hotel experienced hotel. The hotel continues to be privately owned, but the managing hotel takes over the day-to-day operations of the business and quite frequently lends its brand name as well. The managing hotel charges royalties based on total revenues. Example- Eros hotel etc. (Rocco M. Angelo, 2011) As above the information of different ownership hotel I think Franchise hotel is the best among all of them because in this types of hotels Working tools and procedures with a high and guaranteed productivity, Business safety and sustainability, the report image and brand awareness is already recognized. Consumers are generally more comfortable purchasing items they are familiar with and working with companies they know and trust so due to this some of this reason I think Franchise hotel is one of the best ownership hotels. . 1. 5. The Restaurant The Restaurant is a place where meals are sold and eaten. In Latin, restaurant means to "re-store". But the real concept the restaurant means to serve the food and beverage to the customer in the hospitable manner. Restaurant - 'an establishment where refreshments or meals may be obtained. Jones (1996:122) l)
Types of Restaurant 1 . Fast food Fast food restaurants emphasize speed of service. Operations range from small-scale street vendors with carts to mega-corporations like McDonald's and KEF. Fast food restaurants are also known as USSR or quick-service restaurants.
2. Fast casual Fast casual restaurants usually do not offer full table service, but may offer non- disposable plates and cutlery. The quality of food and prices tend to be higher than those of a conventional fast food restaurant but may be lower than casual dining. Example Firehouse shop, Pander bread etc... A casual dining restaurant is a restaurant that serves moderately-priced food in a casual atmosphere. Except for buffet-style restaurants, casual dining restaurants typically provide table service.
3. Casual dining comprises a market segment between fast food establishments and fine dining restaurants. Casual dining restaurants often have a full bar with separate bar staff, a larger beer menu and a limited wine menu. Example Cafe Press, Canyon Ranch Café etc.
4. Family style Family style restaurants are a type of casual dining restaurants where food is often served on platters and the diners serve themselves. Typically, alcoholic beverages are not sold at family-style casual dining restaurants. Olive garden, Red lobster etc.
5. Fine dining Fine dining restaurants are full service restaurants with specific dedicated meal courses. Dcord of such restaurants feature higher-quality materials, with an eye towards the "atmosphere". Example Eleven Madison park, The Nomad etc..... Cohn R. Walker. T. , 2012) 1. pubs Mainly in the UK and other countries influenced by British culture, a pub (short for public house) is a bar that sometimes serves simple food fare. Traditionally, pubs ere primarily drinking establishments with food in a secondary position, whereas many modern pubs rely on food as well.
Neon pub Thames, Katmandu etc. Bars A bar is a retail business establishment that serves alcoholic drinks - beer, wine, liquor, and cocktails for consumption on the premises. Example Sunlit bar Laziest, Katmandu etc... L) Types of Bars a. Public bar It is a bar which is located in the public area of the hotel near to lobby. B. Dispense bar It is the bar which is located at the back of the house which supplies beverage to the other outlets in the hotel. Nightclubs A nightclub is an entertainment venue which usually operates late into the night.
A nightclub is generally distinguished from bars, pubs or taverns by the inclusion of a dance floor and a DC booth, where a DC plays recorded electronic dance music, disco, hip hop, R, rock, reggae, pop, and other forms of dance music.
Did you know that we have over 70,000 essays on 3,000 topics in our database?
Cite this page
Hotel And Hospitality Industry Essay. (2018, Apr 24). Retrieved from https://phdessay.com/hotel-and-hospitality-industry-2/