With a rapid development of online businesses, cryptocurrencies are gaining immense popularity among people involved in online shopping and other money transactions. Being a relatively easy, secure, and quick way to pay for purchases, more and more people try to understand how to use this payment method properly. Some of us are still a bit scared or uncertain and doubt whether it’s necessary to exchange traditional methods for digital ones. To get a better understanding of these payment methods, several pros and cons of paying in digital currency have to be taken into consideration.
Read about disadvantages of Single Currency
First of all, it’s necessary to clarify what a cryptocurrency really is. Cryptocurrency is digital money which has been created in the form of an encrypted string of data denoting a certain unit of currency. It can be used as real money except your notes won’t be printed on paper. Everything is designed and stored in an electronic form on certain websites, computers, and servers. The number of cryptocurrencies has enhanced recently creating new types of digital currencies. The most popular ones are Bitcoin, Ripple, Litecoin, and others.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Cryptocurrency Advantages and Disadvantages
just from $13,9 / page
Several benefits of cryptocurrency can be pointed out in order to sort out all the crucial features of this modern money.
- The fast and cheap method of payment. To pay for a new pair of trainers or a holiday in Barbados, you don’t need to sign numerous documents, use a credit card, or visit your bank. All you need is the address of the recipient where you want to transfer your money and after a couple of seconds – voila, everything is done! You can forget about such thing as delays. What is cherished by people who use cryptocurrencies all over the world is that you don’t have to deal with any third parties into your transactions.
- The absence of chargebacks or lower fees. We are all aware that online shopping is connected with additional fees and charges imposed by shops, payment processors, or banks. With digital currency, you are completely free of charges and pay only for the service or product you want to order. Sometimes if you want to speed up the process of purchasing, additional fees can be imposed.
- Security of payment details. All your transaction will be protected on the highest level, and it is practically impossible to steal any personal data revealing your personality, address, etc. – it is not tied to the very transactions. You will be the only person that has access to your digital wallet. You are granted ultimate control over money, and a special block chain technology prevents any kind of fraud.
- Recognition in every corner of the world. Digital currency is a very useful tool if money has to be transferred to somewhere very far. It gives people the opportunity to send money practically anywhere to anybody. You don’t have to worry about exchange rates or anything similar. It’s a great chance to save your time and finances as there is no need to visit a bank and pay fees for transactions.
You have got acquainted with the bright side of digital payments, but these processes have issues that need to be considered if you intend to use them. Pro coin cryptocurrency is a developing technology, and different flaws are unavoidable.
- Lack of understanding. A lot of people using cryptocurrencies are not educated enough about their advantages and disadvantages, the mechanism of work, and the process of the transaction. Not understanding the procedure, people may lose their money due to incorrect actions. To avoid this difficulty, it’s advisable to penetrate deeper into the topic to make the process transparent and understandable.
- Inability to undo the process. You have to be 100% sure that you won’t return those things you are going to buy cryptocurrency. Not all money transactions in digital currency can be undone, and the refund is not possible. If you don’t like the product or the service doesn’t suit you, the only way to get a refund is to contact the person you send money to asking for a refund. If they don’t agree, there is no way to get your money back.
- The absence of acceptance in different businesses. Despite the popularity of cryptocurrency, a great number of shops and services don’t support these payment systems. Make a brief survey of the services you are going to use to find whether you can pay with digital currency. If most of the services that you intend to pay for in digital currency don’t support these payment methods, you should think about the practicality of creating a wallet.
These are the general pros and cons of cryptocurrencies usage that can shed a bit of light into the peculiarities of digital money. Having several drawbacks, these payment methods still remain a fast and secure way to send money all over the world. It’s a great tool for international commerce that is going to overtake the world market. Now it’s up to you to decide whether such methods suit your goals and financial needs. Read about advantages of cash payment
advantages of cash payment
Remember. This is just a sample.
You can get your custom paper from our expert writers