Business Plan A Business Plan to start a new business S P Hutchies India Ltd.
A Business Plan to start a new business S P Hutchies India Ltd., prepared as a part of the curriculum Management Studies and Research at Humera Khan Institute of Management Studies and Research. Business Plan A Business Plan to start a new business S P Hutchies India Ltd. A Business Plan to start a new business S P Hutchies India Ltd., prepared as a part of the curriculum Management Studies and Research at Humera Khan Institute of Management Studies and Research. A Business Plan to start a new business S P Hutchies India Ltd. India’s poultry industry represents a major success story. While agricultural production has been rising at the rate around 2 percent per annum over the past two to three decades, poultry production has been rising at the rate of around 8 percent per annum, with an annual turnover of US$ 7 500 million. The future outlook for Indian poultry also appears to be very favorable. The most conservative estimates predict a two- to three-fold increase in poultry production over the next ten or fifteen years.
Order custom essay A Business Plan to Start a New Business S P Hatcheries India Ltd. with free plagiarism report
The poultry farming in India occupies an important position due to its enormous potential to bring about rapid economic growth, particularly benefiting the weaker sections due to its low investment requirement and short gestation period. The poultry, which was considered as a backyard proposition in the early ’60s has now been transformed into a strong agro-based commercial activity having tremendous employability and income generation potential contributing nearly 0. 7% of the national GDP and about 10% of the Livestock GDP. We four of us planned to start this business after going through surveys and studies about many egg consumers who are now shifted from the normal egg to protein shake. Our focus was not only Maharashtra but all the egg consumers of India who prefers an added protein over the normal egg. Secondly, our focus is on professions like Body-Building, Athletes, Actors, Sports persons those who are concentrating on health. So we are planning the processed egg with ‘High Protein Content’ as well as keeping the muscle growth in mind. According to marketing analysis, we found that customers always need something new as well as cost-effective options. i. e. Greater Value with lesser cost. Currently, in the market there are two qualities present Layers and Desi keeping this thing in mind we are coming with a new quality of the egg.
- Project Brief Layer farm business is an agro-based project. This can be started in both rural and semi-urban areas. According to the current industry practice, poultry sheds are available on rent basis. These sheds have complete required facilities and equipment. The rent varies between Rs 0. 5 to Rs 1 per square e feet depending upon the location and facilities at the farm. A major portion of the cost includes bird feed. Day-old chicks of Layer are initially reared for a period of 18 weeks. On completion of 18 weeks, the birds start laying eggs for the period of the next 52 weeks. On average, one layer lays about 300 eggs per laying season of 52 weeks. After the completion of the laying period, the layers are sold in the market as culled birds. The selling price of these birds is determined on a per bird basis.
- Opportunity Rationale Layer farming is a profitable business as the produce of the farm provides high-quality animal protein which is a daily requirement of the human body. Animal Protein is more valuable than that of plant protein. The average availability of protein is 11 grams a day, which is far less than the recommended daily dietary protein consumption of 26 grams according to the World Health Organization Standards. The bodybuilder’s diet consists of 3 meals a day, plus several snacks in between the meals. Protein shakes are the best option for those snacks. Usually, a protein shake consists of protein powder, skim milk, and flavoring of fresh or frozen fruit. If a protein shake is prepared correctly, it is a great high-protein, low-fat bodybuilding food. There is also an opportunity in this field if we can give an optional product with added protein content.
- Total Project Cost A Poultry farm with a population of 5,000 birds started in a rented shed requires a small capital investment of about Rs 62,000 for purchasing farm machinery and equipment. A sum of about Rs 288,000 is required as working g capital, which will be used for purchasing day-old chicks and raw material (feed & vaccines) etc.
- Proposed Capacity 5000-birds are the minimum economic size to start a layer farm, where the operational and fixed costs are justifiable. These birds are kept for sixteen months, which includes a rearing period of 4. 5 months and a laying period of 12 months. Thus, solid protein takes longer to digest and absorb giving you the ability to have a positive nitrogen balance and steady release of Amino Acids. Whey enters the bloodstream very fast but also leaves very fast. The technology behind the Project: Use: Layers, White leghorns hen to breed: We will be using a special breed of the Hens for this project. This breed is a very high-quality layer called Leghorns. This Breed lays 300 Eggs per year.
GENETICS PROCESS R&D will do genetic modification on parent specimen of hens. In this process, they will modify the gene which is responsible for protein production. After this process hens will be kept for laying the eggs.
The eggs first gets inspected and then selected for the Salmonella Treatment. The following picture depicts the Salmonella. Scientists prepare to inspect eggs for Salmonella enteritidis contamination. (Photo credit: Stephen Ausmus/USDA). After the selection of the eggs, they undergo the following Salmonella Process: * Step 1- Use of Lugol’s solution Step-2 Use of Chlorohexidine + Ethanol + Quaternary Ammonium solution * Step 3- Fleming Eggs undergoing Salmonella Treatment.
VALUE PROPOSITION SWOT ANALYSIS S
Technological and financial support from NECC T Threats Price fluctuation in market due to the inflation Eg. Diesel price hike at regular intervals Many diseases associated with the hens. T Threats Price fluctuation in the market due to the inflation Eg. Diesel price hike at regular intervals Many diseases associated with the hens. Opportunities There is a Large Market Size for this product.
The plan includes the following things:
- Land And Building
- Project cost
- Projected Income Statement
- Production Assumption
- Expense Assumption
- Revenue Assumptions
- Financial Assumption
LAND & BUILDING
Recommended Mode for Acquiring Land It is recommended that the proposed project should be started in a rented shed. This option will help us to save on the capital cost required for constructing new sheds. Normally, these sheds are located along the roadsides around the cities and rural areas.
Did you know that we have over 70,000 essays on 3,000 topics in our database?