Gap Inc. 's vision and shareholder returns are made possible by its experienced executive leadership. These people continue the vision of Gap Founder Don Fisher in proliferating the Gap brand for its dedicated consumers.
The Gap executive team is comprised of:
- Glenn K. Murphy Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Gap Inc.
- Michelle Banks SVP, General Counsel, and Corporate Secretary and Chief Compliance Officer
- Jack Calhoun President, Banana Republic
- John Ermatinger President, Japan
- Marka Hansen President, Gap
- Toby Lenk President, Gap Inc. Direct
- Art Peck EVP, Strategy ; Operations; Acting President, Gap Inc. Outlet
- Stan Raggio SVP, Gap International Sourcing
- Eva Sage-Gavin EVP, Human Resources, Communications and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Sabrina Simmons EVP and Chief Financial Officer
- Stephen Sunnucks President, Europe
- Michael B. Tasooji EVP and Chief Information Officer
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
just from $13,9 / page
Tom Wyatt President, Gap Inc. Outlet Acting President, Old Navy (Gap, 2008). Geographical Location Gap Inc. operates 3,167 stores in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, France, Ireland and Japan.
In addition, the Group intends to expand its international presence with franchise agreements to operate either Gap or Gap and Banana Republic stores in Bahrain, Indonesia, Kuwait, Malaysia, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Turkey and United Arab Emirates (Wright Reports, 2008). Market Size Gap Inc. market size includes United States, United Kingdom, France, Japan, and Germany. In UK, the British market for men’s apparel was about $3. 34 billion and the women’s apparel market about $4. 59 billion. France is Gap latest foreign market, and has currently established 54 Gap stores operating in France.
In Japan, there are more than 100 Gap stores in operations. Japan is a great market for Gap products considering the total population of 125 million. Gap has yet to overwhelm the German market with a meager of 20 stores operating in Germany (Gap, 2008). Revenues In recent years, Gap Inc. has experienced a letdown in total revenues. Industry pundits suggest that the proliferation of stores is one reason why it was never able to generate initial funds in putting up stores. The company finds itself in an industry with fierce competitors for clothing supremacy.
With this in mind, profitability areas are deemed to be affected. Below is an annual report for Gap Inc. 's total revenues (Gap, 2008).
- Gap. (2008). About us. Retrieved April 15, 2008, from http://www. gapinc. com/public/About/about. shtml Gap. (2008). About us. Retrieved April 15, 2008, from http://www. gapinc. com/public/About/abt_leader. shtml Wright Reports. (2008).
- Gapcompanyprofile. Retrieved April 15, 2008, fromhttp://wrightreports. ecnext. com/comsite5/bin/comsite5. pl? page=report_description&report=COMPANY&cusip=364760108
Remember. This is just a sample.
You can get your custom paper from our expert writers