About Apple Inc.
(Apple) designs, manufactures and markets a range of personal computers, mobile communication and media devices, and portable digital music players, and sells a range of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. It's products and services include Macintosh (Mac) computers, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, Xserve, a portfolio of consumer and professional software applications, the Mac OS X and iOS operating systems, third-party digital content and applications through the iTunes Store, and a range of accessory, service and support offerings.The Company sells its products globally through its retail stores, online stores, and direct sales force and third-party cellular network carriers, wholesalers, retailers, and value-added resellers. As of September 25, 2010, the Company had opened a total of 317 retail stores, including 233 stores in the United States and 84 stores internationally. Apple Mission statement Apple computer is committed to protect the environment, health and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities. We recognize by integrating sound environmental, health and safety management practices into all aspects of our business. Apple VisionApple is committed to bringing the best personal computing experience to students, educators, creative professionals and consumers around the world through its innovative hardware, software and Internet offerings Apple Slogan Apple’s new slogan is “ When we mess up, everyone does! “ Relation between Apple and Harvard Apple delivered marketing messages to over 18,000 customers via on-campus presentations and through keynotes, seminars ;amp; workshops worldwide and Harvard is trying to work with Apple by minimizing unnecessary time and effort spent on system maintenance is an important consideration in a research setting.
Every hour they spend on administration is an hour they can’t spend on research. Goals Apple Incorporation wants to be a part of number university of the world, Harvard University to support students and teachers through high tech knowledgeable sources. Also, create the efficient educational system to Harvard University as well as inspire students and youth to enjoyable through our products.
Haven’t found the relevant content? Hire a subject expert to help you with Apple Inc. Proposal for Havard University
Trend in the market As seen the table above how much Apple brand has been attractive to the students over the last five years, it has been the Apple brand grow in popularity and in market share compared with other manufacturers. Between 2005 and 2010, the other manufacturer over Apple has been totally reversed.The Apple brand has never been stronger. According to a study carried out by the Student Monitor, 70% of American students would choose a Mac to take with them to university, while already 27% of them owned a MacBook and 47% said they planned to buy an Apple laptop within the next year.
Apple in Education Completing solutions for 21st-century learning. For decades, Apple has helped to simplify technology, empower educators and inspire students. Supporting the best in education philosophy, Apple continues to deliver innovative products that are ideal for teaching and learning.Let Apple help you create a 21st-century learning environment. And let all your students discover their own special genius.
10 reasons for Apple in Education
- A strong, enduring commitment to education. For nearly 30 years, Apple has been dedicated to advancing teaching and learning through technology. From products designed with education in mind – such as the durable MacBook computer and programs such as the Apple Regional Training Centers, which ensure that educators are well prepared to integrate technology and learning – Apple continues to demonstrate a strong commitment to education.
- A stable company with a solid financial statement. Billions dollars in the bank and zero debt are nearly 40 percent of the annual growth. With its solid financials, Apple will be here to fulfill your technology needs now and in the future. Apple remains committed to a long-term partnership with education – offering special pricing to schools and educators and delivering products that cost less to support, install and maintain.
- Technology that advances learning for a new generation. The Mac is designed to develop the creative and critical-thinking skills important for today’s learners. With iLife, Apple’s award-winning suite of digital authoring applications, students can produce meaningful digital projects that demonstrate understanding and unleash creativity. And with availability of multi-language students can easily study all the courses on Max Os X as well as with the built-in Universal Access accessibility features in Mac OS X Leopard, all students can be productive instantly. Whether you’re looking for more effective ways to teach basic skills or innovative approaches to 21st-century learning, Apple provides the ultimate in education technology.
- A platform that provides high value. For every technology purchase, it’s important to consider what’s included in the box as well as the time and resources required for installation, training and maintenance. When you consider all the built-in features on a Mac – including a wealth of software, wireless networking and the iSight video camera on the MacBook and the iMac – as well as the low cost of training, support and maintenance, Apple is the clear choice, delivering the highest value for every dollar spent, allows you have a plenty of space just in front of you.
- Reliable products, which are easy to support. Apple is the only technology provider that designs the hardware, the operating system and many built-in software applications, ensuring the highest level of stability straight out of the box. Powered by a rock-solid UNIX foundation, Mac OS X Leopard has proved to be stable, more secure, and free from the viruses and spyware that infect PCs. The Mac is easy to support and provides a safe and secure computing environment for educators and students.
- The most compatible and interoperable technology platform. With the ability to run applications such as Microsoft Office (sold separately), connect to any network infrastructure, share with PCs and even run Microsoft Windows, today’s Intel-powered Mac computers provide the ultimate compatibility with a PC environment.
- High-performance computers and networking solutions. Apple leads the way in mobile computing, with the best student notebook computers, cost-effective mobile labs and effortless wireless networking. The Mac Pro workstation provides optimal performance – ideal for video editing, scientific computing and network administration. Apple also offers exceptional infrastructure solutions, such as rack-optimized Xserve servers as well as low-cost and high-performance Xserve RAID and Xsan storage solutions. Apple delivers unrivaled performance for every education need.
- It just works. Mac OS X Leopard provides a familiar interface, consistent menu commands and tight integration between applications. Plug in a printer and it works. Connect a digital camera and iPhoto opens, ready to import photos. Mac OS X Leopard automatically detects wireless networks without any special configuration. The Mac is easier to learn, use and maintain, which means more time focused on teaching and learning.
- A consistent focus on innovation. Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today Apple continues to lead in innovation with award-winning desktop and notebook computers; Mac OS X Leopard, the most advanced and easiest-to-use operating system; and professional applications such as Final Cut Studio, which makes Apple the platform of choice for the film, video and broadcast production industries.
- The only technology provider that offers a complete solution. Apple offers educators a total solution, from hardware to software to services – including professional development in partnership with Regional Training Centers, curriculum software and technical support– all delivered by Apple.
Apple’s commitment to education is rivaled only by its dedication to the user experience. Apple technology is synonymous with innovation, quality and ease of use. Other universities that are using already apple products and services According to apple. om “more than 800 universities have active iTunes U sites. About half of these institutions including Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, and UC Berkeley distribute their content publicly on the iTunes store”. iTunes U provides an access to MoMA, The New York public library, public radio international and PBS station. Furthermore, iTunes U distributes schedules and syllabi, lecture outlines, study guides, notes and maps.
This is the reason that iTunes U is considered as an amazing source for students. Another example is Wilkes University, which is located in Wilkes-Barre.The university expects to replenish 1700 computer networks with Macs in the next three years. Promotion We would like to build successful long-term collaboration with Harvard University. Our goal for this proposal is to provide best services and best price to meet lecturers and students needs and expectations. This is the reason that we provide different services and different products only for Harvard University. Our promotion team is ready to try their best for your satisfaction.
- Special discount for Harvard university:If you decide to purchase more than 100 apple products included iMac, Macbook, iPad touch screen, we would like to offer 15 percent of discount.
- Training: For Harvard students and teachers we will provide a free training program hereby all students and teachers will be able to use all Apple products efficiently. For IT department and lecturers, we will offer different training program. The training program is included all updates and new software programs.
- Warranty: All apple products have 3 years warranty.Only for Harvard University we will extend the warranty 2 more years, so all apple products that you purchased will have 5 years warranty. If any technical problems occurred related to hardware, our company will provides assistant services and spare parts.
- iHarvard online forum: We will promise to create an online forum, which is called iHarvard for students. This online forum would provide weekly lecture schedule, weekly summary of courses and forums. Also, academic calendar, grading systems and currently updated news will be provided.Harvard online forum would help to guide students. Special edition iPad: We will produce a unique iPad only for Harvard students. Special edition iPad touch will be developed to meet all students’ needs and wants with unique design. The special edition of iPad will includes lists of foods and drinks daily updated of the university cafeteria.
Also, all books have been published by Harvard University and all books that are used for Harvard students will be free uploaded through the iPad Harvard special edition.
- Apple Inc. (n. d. ). Retrieved December 7, 2010, from Apple Web site: http://www. apple. om Brooks, A.(2009, December 16). Retrieved December 7, 2010, from World of Apple Website: http://news. worldofapple. com/ Lu, M. (2007, February 24). Retrieved December 7, 2010, from TUAW
- The unofficial Apple Weblog: http://www. tuaw.com Westbrook, H. (2010, October 21). Retrieved December 7, 2010, from Sky News Web site: http://news. sky. com/skynews A time warner company. (n. d.). Retrieved 12 4, 2010, from CNNmoney. com: http://tech. fortune. cnn. com/2010/08/07/big-macs-on-campus/ Apple Inc. (n.d. ). Retrieved 12 4, 2010, from Apple in education: http://www. apple. com/
Haven’t found the relevant content? Hire a subject expert to help you with Apple Inc. Proposal for Havard University