Samsung Group is a South Korean multi national conglomerate company headquartered in Samsung Town, Seoul. It comprises numerous subsidiaries and affiliated businesses, most of them united under the Samsung brand, and is the largest in South Korean. Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. mainly engaged in the production of consumer electronic products. One of the world's largest semiconductor manufacturers, Samsung Electronics is also South Korea's top electronics company.
It makes many kinds of consumer devices, including DVD players, digital TVs, and digital still cameras; computers, color monitors, LCD panels, and printers; semiconductors such as DRAMs, static RAMs, flash memory, and display drivers; and communications devices ranging from wireless handsets and smartphones to networking gear. The company, which is the flagship member of Samsung Group, also makes microwave ovens, refrigerators, air conditioners, and washing machines.
Order custom essay Project on Samsung. with free plagiarism report
Nearly half of sales come from the Asia/Pacific region.
Company Vision: Samsung Electronics' vision for the new decade is, "Inspire the World, Create the Future. " This new vision reflects Samsung Electronics’ commitment to inspiring its communities by leveraging Samsung's three key strengths: “New Technology,” “Innovative Products,” and “Creative Solutions. ”
Samsung SWOT analysis
- Hardware integration with many open source OS and software
- Excellence in engineering and producing hardware parts and consumer electronics
- Innovation and design
- Focus on environment
- Low production costs
- Largest share in mobile phones and 2 place in smartphones sales
- Ability to market the brand
- Patent infringement
- Too low profit margin
- Main competitors are also largest buyers
- Lack its own OS and software
- Focus on too many products
- Growing India’s smartphone market
- Growing mobile advertising industry
- Growing demand for quality application processors
- Growth of tablets market
- 5Obtaining patents through acquisitions
- Saturated smartphone markets in developed countries
- Rapid technological change
- Declining margins on hardware production
- Breached patents
- Apple’s iTV launch
- Price wars
Marketing Mix (4P’S) of samsung smart phones 4 P’s of Samsung smartphone: What made it possible for Samsung to beat Apple in smartphone sales?
Did you know that we have over 70,000 essays on 3,000 topics in our database?