Newspaper has been one of the first mediums of mass media. Its popularity grew over the time and even as we have plunged into the world of internet, newspaper continues to be preferred by the masses. Newspaper is a power house of information. It contains news from the world of politics, business, showbiz and more. It makes the general public aware about what’s going on around the world.
Newspapers are a medium of information distribution, which could surprisingly cover hundreds of miles in just a matter of few hours. The only drawback of newspapers is that they need to be physically transported from printing press to the readers, before the news gets older. This however, requires an efficient distribution mechanism consisting of road transport and newspaper hawkers who begin their work in the dead of night so that we can read newspaper, sipping morning tea in our gardens.
Long and Short Essay on Newspaper and Its Uses in English
Order custom essay Newspaper and Its Uses Essay with free plagiarism report
Here are Long and short essay on Newspaper and its uses in English for your information and knowledge.
These Newspaper and its uses essay have been written in simple and easy to grasp language for you to easily remember them and present it when needed.
These essays will help you with the topic in your exams and competitions.
You can select any Newspaper and Its Uses essay as per your need and impress your teachers, friends and classmates.
Essay on Importance of Newspaper – Essay 1 (200 words)
“A good newspaper is a nation talking to itself”, as quoted by Arthur Miller defines the importance of newspaper very well. Technically, a newspaper is a periodical publication which is usually issued on daily or weekly basis. It contains news, articles of opinion, features, advertisements and other information of public interests.
Newspaper has been a part of our daily life for last several decades and even today in modern bustling lives it is a necessity in spite of the dominance of internet & other more advanced mass media forms, newspapers have been succeeded on having an impact on majority of the population. It maybe because people still like it the old way and thus it is still one of the most preferred way for mass sharing of information.
It is usually divided into various sections, mainly politics, economy, sports and arts, so that the reader can choose his or her desired section. Newspaper has proved as an important tool for public awareness. It also serves as voice of the people for catering theirs needs & complaints to government authorities contributing to better governance.
Newspapers are an important prerequisite for democracy. For many it is an inseparable part of their daily lives because that’s how their day begins – with a cup of tea and a freshly delivered newspaper.
Essay on Newspaper and its Uses – Essay 2 (300 words)
A newspaper is a form of printed media. It is a powerful mode of mass communication. It is a periodic publication, usually published on daily basis. It contains news articles on current affairs from the world of politics, education, sports, culture and more. It also contains advertisements & features.
Newspaper and Its Uses
- A newspaper has a great influence on the society. It is published all over the world in many different languages. Here is a look at the various uses of newspaper:
- Newspaper can shape public opinion and influence government and its policies
- In a democratic country, it serves as a link between government and the people.
- It serves as the voice against injustice.
- It can mould and reflect the public opinions.
- It provides valuable and essential information to the public such as the weather forecasts, criticism and reviews of literature, films, fine arts and local restaurants, obituaries and birth notices.
- It also serves as a source of entertainment with its features such as crosswords, fun facts, horoscope, comic strips, advice columns, food columns, celebrity gossip and more.
- Apart from this, newspapers have great educative value. They keep us updated about various happenings around the world and thus improve our general knowledge.
- Many newspapers also help in awakening health and environmental awareness among the people.
- A businessman can learn about the trends of the market and a job seeker can find a suitable job from job advertisements.
- At the time of crisis or emergency, printing press can serve as a reliable source of information.
- Besides all these social, political and economic aspects newspapers are also a great platform for advertisement. Newspaper advertising has been around longer than any other form of advertising we see today and it still serves the purpose of advertiser correctly and efficiently.
In this age of television, newspaper is still one of the most important parts of the media. We can conclude by saying that newspaper broadens our outlook & is an enormous source of information. Cultivating a habit reading a newspaper can be beneficial in many ways.
Essay on Newspaper and Its Uses in Student Life – Essay 3 (400 words)
The Newspaper is one of the printed medium of media available to the common man. It provides awareness about the happenings of the neighbourhood to every corner of the world. Our idea of newspaper is of folded sheets which contain information about and articles on news, features, reviews and advertisements but it is much more than that. It means the world to some. It has the power to change one’s life. The information we receive from the newspaper plays a vital role in our daily life.
Uses of Newspaper in Students’ Life
One always benefits from the habit of reading newspaper. Being a student it not only improves your reading skills and efficiency but also keeps you aware of the current affairs. One can always find the part that interests him and enhances his learning. For instance, a commerce student can know the current trade policy changes and the ups and downs in the market. This makes him ready for the future.
Likewise, someone related to science background can know the new developments in the technological department. IAS, UPSC, GPSC, SSC, NDA, IBPS PO and many other aspirants also benefit from reading newspaper as it includes current affairs and needs them to be aware of the current happenings in the political, social and technological fields which are all covered in the newspaper. Students can greatly boast their general knowledge with the newspaper reading habits. School curriculums have also included reading newspaper as one of the assignments which contributes in developing numerous skills in the student.
Newspaper comprises of not only of news but also of the entertainment columns like crosswords, puzzles, jumbles, various interesting articles, fun facts and comic strips to keep the reader involved. Like it is said “All work and no play makes jack a dull boy”. So students can use these parts of the newspaper for recreational purpose. Other than this, newspaper also consists of a separate section dealing with fashion trends, lifestyle, and life stories etc. All this helps the reader stick to a regime of reading the newspaper daily, making it a habit without being bored at the same time. This can also serve as a break from reading the same course books.
Despite the massive development of the electronic media, newspaper still has a huge impact over majority of the society and still holds its place firmly. It connects the students of the developing world with the good old way of gathering information and being more aware of the world.
Essay on Newspaper and Its Uses in Our Life – Essay 4 (500 words)
Newspaper is a periodic publication which contains written information about current events. It covers a wide variety of fields such as politics, business, sports and arts, and also includes content such as opinion columns, weather forecasts, crosswords, editorial cartoons and birth notices.
Though the technology has advanced to a greater level and people can see news on televisions and their mobile phones, people still prefer to buy newspapers and read them. The feeling of reading news through a newspaper will always have more importance and impact on people’s mind compared to that gathered by some gadget. One of the reasons for this is that reading through electronic devices can strain eyes and can even cause serious health issues.
Newspapers help in building people’s thoughts, ideas and feelings towards different things. Thus, if the articles in newspapers are correct and neutral then this can lead to formation of strong, unidirectional mental state of the whole civilization leading to the progress of the country. If the news is not true and neutral then it can also lead to the destruction of the whole union. Hence, it is necessary to have newspaper publications that are fearless, intelligent, not belonging to any political party and those that think about nation and their duties towards the nation before their own personal interests. This is how newspapers hold great importance in our ever day lives.
Functions of Newspaper and Its Importance in Our Lives
The uses or importance of newspaper in everyday lives can be summarized and easily understood by knowing its functions. So the four major functions of newspapers are as followed:
- To Inform: Newspapers provide facts and information to make citizens aware about the things happening around them and stay up to date. This helps in making them build a neutral and right perspective towards the latest scenarios.
- To Interpret the News: Newspapers basically provide a better idea about a situation or event, in detail. This may also vary from writer to writer as everyone has their own perspective towards a situation. So, it is essential for a citizen to take it in a neutral way and build his opinion about it.
- To Provide Services to Different Professionals: Newspapers provide information that helps businessmen as well working professionals. New business ideas can be derived looking at how and where the market is heading. Newspaper is also a great place to advertise about ones products and services. It is a great platform for both buyers and sellers. For example, if someone needs to buy vehicle or home, then there are various advertisements which can help them assist in comparing and getting their deals. Newspapers also have a section for the job seekers where they can check for suitable job vacancies and contact their prospective employers.
- To entertain: There are some specific sections in the newspaper which are designed to amuse or give enjoyment to readers. This section may contain some puzzles, cartoon sketches, jokes, crosswords, and many such activities. This section helps readers remain engrossed in the news for a longer time. It is a good way of recreation and brings joy. Puzzles and cross words also challenge ones mind and hones problem solving skills.
There are many other benefits that one gets from reading newspapers, such as improvement in vocabulary and reading efficiency. All of these benefits help readers build their own polished personality which can help them further in their lives.
Essay on Newspaper and Its Uses in Modern Life – Essay 5 (600 words)
Newspaper is a bunch of printed pages. It is a type of printed media which consists of news, articles, features, views, advertisements, etc. It is a periodical type of publication which is usually published on daily, weekly or monthly basis. It contains various sections in it to meet with the interests of all types of people in the society. It is one of the oldest means of mass media, and even in this electronic world it is still prevalent in most parts of human civilization. It is published in numerous languages in different regions so that it can reach out to more and more people.
Newspaper and Its Significance
Newspapers have played a significant role in moulding the thought process of the readers. Even in the time of British rule newspapers were an important source of reaching the common people. Newspaper successfully influenced thousands of people during struggle for independence. It can still play an important role in influencing people for some sort of reform. People make their opinion on things based on what they have read about in the newspaper. So, it has to be printed with utmost care. Newspaper publications must ensure that only the truth is catered to common people.
Newspaper and Its Benefits
Newspapers are a treasure of knowledge, Reading newspaper is highly recommended for those preparing for any competitive exam. It helps us improve our general knowledge which is of prime importance in today’s competitive world. It can help us improve our vocabulary when referred to on daily basis. We can learn about fashion trends which are given in various articles published weekly. Newspaper also publishes recipes for variety of dishes. It has got articles for healthy living, columns solely dedicated for public awareness and it also keeps us updated about famous sports and major events related to them. People also put up advertisements for matrimony and jobs to find the right match.
Newspaper: A Reliable Source of Information
In this world of social media, printed media proves to be one of the most reliable sources of information. The information shared on social media is by some random person which cannot be always trusted. Many a times, fake news spreads on social media and it causes situation of chaos and confusion in various regions. In such situations, one looks up to a reliable source and newspapers have never failed to prove their worth. Newspaper is a publication run by trained and experienced professionals. The genuineness of the content is closely examined before it is provided to the people. Thus, in the time of emergency newspaper is one of the most trusted media.
Newspaper for Pastime Purpose
Newspaper is a tool for pastime for man; it is something with which their day begins. There are various sections in the newspaper to hook the reader up such as crosswords, puzzles, sudoku, riddles and fun-facts. Notifications for important events happening in the city can be checked out in newspaper. Movie show timings, movie reviews, book reviews, channel schedules, etc are all provided in a newspaper. Comic strips and short stories are also published in special weekly editions of newspaper. Thus, newspaper can be a perfect pastime material for all classes of people.
Since the last several decades newspaper has been an important part of the people’s life and it continues to be so even in the era of superfast electronic media. Reading newspaper is a habit of millions of people around the globe even today. It is an inseparable part of daily lives of many. Morning breakfast without a newspaper is considered a dull affair. Such is the craze and significance of newspaper.
Did you know that we have over 70,000 essays on 3,000 topics in our database?