Primary Duties of each department head are listed below. However, they are not limited. There are just a few items listed. Position
Order custom essay ABC Management Company: Organizing for Mid-Range Service with free plagiarism report
General Hotel Manager
• Responsible for maximizing revenues and flow through to GOP to meet or exceed budgeted EBITDA.
• Responsible for preparation of property budget and forecasts.
• Manages labor standards and property level expenses to achieve maximum flow through to the bottom line profit.
• Promotes 100%
• Recruits qualified applicants. Trains employees in accordance with company standards.
• Motivates and gives direction to all employees.
• Communicates all policies and procedures to entire staff Rooms Division Manger
Front Desk, Uniform Services, Housekeeping
• Train hotel associates/administration
• Communicates all policies and procedures to entire staff Supervise continuous 7 day/week, 24 hour front office operation, night audit and housekeeping operations and assigned staff, including hiring, training, evaluating performance and scheduling work.
• Formulate budgets and prepare monthly revenue/expense forecasts.
• Maintain customer service/satisfaction standards; handle customer service issues.
• Maintain and operate all computer equipment.
Food and Beverage Manager
• Check budgets, payroll and food order invoices from suppliers
• Hire and schedules servers, bartenders and other food service employees, assigns kitchen staff to cooking and preparation tasks, and determines service standards for personnel.
• Knowledge of American and ethnic cuisine, food preparation and the costs of purchasing items for particular dishes.
• Plan menus for restaurants and special events like banquets. Sales & Marketing Manager
Sales & Marketing
• Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
• Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
• Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
• Manages a designated team, ensuring month end accounts are prepared in a timely and accurate manner, producing statutory accounts, preparing business budgets and forecasts, managing cash flow and working cross functionally in order to champion commercial initiatives.
Payables & Receivables
• Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements.
• Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses.
• Maintains accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts.
• Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
Human Resources Department
• Employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health.
• Charitable giving.
• Organizational and space planning.
• Performance management and improvement systems.
• Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns.
• Policy development and community communication.
• Compensation and benefits administration.
3. Create an organization chart that ABC Management could use to identify front office positions for the operation of a 450-room, mid-range service hotel. Aside of the organization chart, briefly describe each front office
Front Office Manger
Front Office Supervisor AM/PM, Front Desk Agent
• Periodically inspects rooms to ensure cleanliness and well maintained rooms.
• Assists the Front Office Manger.
• Aware of new market trends and activities of competitors.
• Patrols outdoors as well as room hallways and activity areas.
• Response to complaints and calls for help.
• Purchases, maintains, and monitor security cameras, alarm systems, and other electronic surveillance equipment.
• Escort unruly patrons from the property.
• Administrative Duties.
• Interacts with upper management to inform them of special events or local affairs.
• Communicates with housekeeping and service staffs to share customer concerns and propose resolutions.
• Communicates with the sales and marketing department for develop advertising and promotional campaigns.
• Overview of the Front Office Department.
• Checklist of all arrival and departures.
• Handling complaints and issues about the service.
• Welcoming and greeting all guests and the VIP.
• Bookings and Reservations.
• Supervise the Front Office Staff on a daily basis.
• Schedule employees.
• Inform guests on hotel happenings
• Works as a liaison between guests and maintenance personnel. Front Office Agent
• Greets and welcomes guests.
• Cash and Credit Card handling.
• Check guests in.
Did you know that we have over 70,000 essays on 3,000 topics in our database?