I. Write the letter of the correct answer. _____
1. Why did plants call producers? They _____________.
- Consume food
- Make their own food
- Provide food for other organisms
- All of the above ______
Order custom essay Ecology Test Example with free plagiarism report
2. Why did animals call consumers? They ______________.
- Do not eat plants
- Produce their own food
- Depend on other plants' food
- Depend on plants for protection ______
3. Which of the following can cause dead plants and animals to decay and turn into useful substances?
- Decomposers ______
4. Which of these materials is NOT needed during photosynthesis?
- Carbon dioxide
- Oxygen _______
5. The transfer of food energy from the producers to a series of the consumer is called
- Food web
- Food chain
- Food cycle
- All of the above ________
6. The plant gives off______ which animals and human beings breathe in order to live.
- Carbon dioxide
- Carbon monoxide
- Hydrogen ________
7. What activity can disturb the carbon dioxide oxygen cycle in an aquarium?
- Placing enough amount of water.
- Placing an equal amount of plants and fishes.
- Putting too many fishes with a small number of plants.
- Placing the aquarium in a place where there is enough sunlight. ________
8. Which is the correct sequence of organisms in a food chain?
- Rice grain chick hawk decomposers
- Chick hawk rice grains decomposers
- Hawk rice grains decomposers chicks
- Rice grains decomposers chick hawk ________
9. What does a food web show? It shows
- A series of food links
- The role of the consumers
- A series of eating activities
- An interlink among food chain ________
10. What is the role of producers in a food chain?
- They make their own food.
- They feed primary consumers.
- They replace nutrients in the soil.
- They provide oxygen in the air. ________
11. Photosynthesis is performed by
- Primary consumers
- decomposers _________
12. The role or profession of an organism in an ecosystem is it's
- Ecological niche
- Production _________
13. What happens in a food chain?
- Energy is lost to the air.
- Energy is transferred from producer to consumer.
- Energy is transferred from consumer to producer.
- Energy is increased from consumer to another consumer. _________
14. Why are decomposers important?
- They break down complex wastes into simple materials.
- They provide carbon dioxide and oxygen to the soil.
- They deplete the soil of nitrogen and other minerals.
- They make the soil dry. _________
15. What is transferred in a food web?
II. Fill in the blanks. Choose your answer from the list below.
16. Plants are called_______________________ because they manufacture their own food.
17. __________________ shows the path way of food from producers to a series of consumers.
18. When several food chains are interwoven and taking place in a particular community, a ___________________ results.
19. The chemical energy of food taken from the plants is trans fomed in the bodies of______________________.
20. The_____________ is the main source of energy for all living things.
Did you know that we have over 70,000 essays on 3,000 topics in our database?