A retained customer suggested the name LUSH in 1995, and it means being fresh, green, verdant and drunken women. This company started in England and a Canadian couple Mark and Karen Wolverton on one of their vacation trips decided to introduce it to North America. In 1996, the first international LUSH Company opened in Vancouver in 1996, while the first American store opened in San- Francisco.
In 2007, the company launched a new product into the market named the Charity Pot Hand and Body Lotion. Any money gotten from this product excluding tax is given to the Charity Pot Foundation to encourage environmental, humanitarian, and animal rights charity organizations. Since then, this company donated more than 4,000,000 $ over 350 charities in 31 countries.
In 2008, the company went Greener oriented when it introduced the Post-Consumer Recycled Plastic Bottles. This is to reduce waste from environment, and energy on bottle production. In 2012, they had their first ever-official LUSH Prize Award; designed to reward individuals working in the field of Cruelty-Free Scientific Research.
Order custom essay Lush company with free plagiarism report
LUSH over time has 830 stores in 51 countries; it produces & sells a variety of handmade products, including soaps, shower gels, shampoos and hair conditioners, bath bombs, bubble bars, hand and body lotions and facemasks. This Company is extremely Unique because of its distinct quality of using Fruits and Vegetables, essential oils, synthetic ingredients, honey, bees wax for product productions, and its Policy against using Animal Products.
The LUSH Vision is to produce effective products that are Fresh and Organic and does not involve animal testing.
Goals and Objectives
The goals of the Company is to become a global brand with more than 830 worldwide and production laboratories in Europe, Australia, Canada, South America, Singapore, and Japan, and they focus to provide their customers with the freshest products in the history of cosmetics. Their Objective is to market the company’s products in such way that it is aimed towards creating value that can have long-term sustenance for shareholders, employees, and consumers. Learn about
Crocs mission statement
Key to the Success
- Lush can increase their product line to hold their existing customer.
- They should participate in CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) activities and highlight them to the consumers effectively.
- Try to use their USP (unique selling proposition) to create stronger brand recognition.
- They can offer innovative flavors in their existing product.
- In order to ensure supply of the freshest product, they should balance their product supply and demand accurately.
- "LUSH Fresh Handmade Soaps and Natural Cosmetics". Usa.lush.com. 7 March. 2009.
- "Our Story." Our Story. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Sept. 2013.
- Teather, David (13 April 2007). "Interview: Mark and Mo Constantine, founders of Lush cosmetics | Business". London: The Guardian. 7 March. 2009
Did you know that we have over 70,000 essays on 3,000 topics in our database?