Unit 3 PowerPoint Project
In chapter 6 you learned about the 5 core operational strategies (preventive patrol, routine incident response, emergency response, criminal investigation, problem solving) and 1 ancillary operational strategy (support services) that are employed by law enforcement agencies to fight and reduce crime. This week you are required to create a PowerPoint presentation that meets the following criteria:
- Summarize the five core operational strategies and the one ancillary operational strategy of law enforcement.
- Explain how these strategies are used by law enforcement agencies to achieve their crime fighting goals.
Order custom essay 5 Core Operational Strategies with free plagiarism report
Your PowerPoint presentation must consist of no fewer than six (6) slides (at least one slide per strategy). The title slide and references slide are not included in this total, and are also required.
Please use the PowerPoint Template provided for you as a guide.
One reason for this assignment is to help you become familiar with the PowerPoint program itself. If you have never used Microsoft PowerPoint don’t let it worry you.
The PowerPoint Resources accessible below, will ease your mind and give you a head start on this project.
You will have until the end of Unit 4 to complete your project. Submit your completed PowerPoint project to the dropbox by the end of Unit 4 in the basket titled Unit 3: PowerPoint Project Checklist for Unit 3 Assignment: PowerPoint Presentation
Criteria: Ask yourself the following questions.
- Did you identify and describe the five core operational strategies and the one ancillary operational strategy of law enforcement?
- Did you explain how law enforcement agencies use these strategies to achieve their crime fighting goals?
- Is your content complete enough to address the topic and questions?
- Is there a logical flow to your ideas?
- Did you present the material in a clear and concise manner to provide easy readability?
- Did you prepare your project as a PowerPoint document?
- Did you label your file correctly?
- Did you check your document for grammar and spelling?
- Did your meet the presentation’s length requirement (6 slides minimum)?
on 5 Core Operational Strategies
The five core operational strategies of modern law enforcement are: Preventive patrol, routine incident response, emergency response, criminal investigation, problem solving. Preventive patrol is the showing of police presence as a deterrent to criminal activity (on the basis that criminals will not commit crimes in the presence of the police).
The additional core strategies that a company uses should support the corporate strategy and use cross-functional interactions. Operational strategies should include customer-driven approaches to meet the needs and desires of a target market.
Related Articles. Operational strategies refers to the methods companies use to reach their objectives. By developing operational strategies, a company can examine and implement effective and efficient systems for using resources, personnel and the work process.
Operations Strategy Tips from Our Experts 1 “1. Make it consumer-driven. 2 Make it end-to-end. Many people may think of operations as a back-office activity, such as production or logistics. 3 Make it well-understood by your team. Educate your organization so that everyone understands that operations strategy is always about the consumer.”
Did you know that we have over 70,000 essays on 3,000 topics in our database?