Vocational Education is the skill based training provided to students through diverse courses available in several career fields such as health care, banking and finance, computer technology, trade, tourism and so on. The education imparted to students focuses more on providing manual training and giving more practical exposure.
Every industry or company today is looking for skilled and efficient employees. Vocational education helps students apply their learning practically and expertise in a specific field. It also gives opportunity to students who are unable to cope with academic education. Vocational educational organizations generate skilled manpower to meet the job demands. Here are essays on Vocational Education of varying word lengths to help you with the topic in your exam/school assignments. You can select any Vocational Education essay as per your need and requirement:
Long and Short Essay on Vocational Education in English
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Vocational Education Essay
just from $13,9 / page
Below we have provided long and short Essay on Vocational Education of varying lengths in English .
These Vocational Education Essay will let you understand the meaning and significance of vocational education and acknowledge its importance.
After going through the essays you will know how vocational education plays a significant role in life of youths and also in overall development of the nation.
Essay on Vocational Education – Essay 1 (200 words)
Vocational education is the education that trains people to work in various jobs such as technician, trade and craft. It refers to the career and technical education that allows students to get ready for specific career. The vocational programs provide students with hands on instruction and training that leads them to certification or a diploma. Vocational schools provide vocational training on post secondary level, higher education level, and further education. Students can choose certificate or diploma programs, apprenticeship and associate degree programs.
Earlier, most of the vocational training programs took place in classroom or on the job site from professionals in the field, however the online vocational education has now become popular and an easy option for students to learn various skills from professionals. Earlier the training was also limited to certain jobs like welding, carpentry, automotive services, but with the changing times training has expanded to wide range of job functions like tourism management, food and beverage management, computer network management, retail training, paralegal management and so on.
Vocational education focuses more on providing practical skills and hands on instructions in the particular job. Students get real working environment during vocational programs. Vocational education is evolving prominently and generates skilled and trained workers for specific jobs.
Essay on Vocational Education in India – Essay 2 (300 words)
Vocational education also known as career and technical education enables students to gain specialized skills and training in various fields such as trade, craft or technical field. Vocational education involves less academic learning and basically focuses on manual or practical activities and training. The students develop expertise in specific techniques or technology.
Vocational Education in India
Vocational education aims to prepare students for a particular profession, trade or vocation. These courses are specifically designed to make students job ready. Employability of the graduates in India has become a major concern. Only 25% of the graduates from all streams are considered to have employable skills, indicating the need for high quality vocational education to train the youth for Jobs. Vocational training is important to supplement formal education and improve the employment of youth in India.
There is a growing need of specialist and skill based employees in India. Vocational education will help job-seekers get employment and meet the need of skilled professionals in India. It is important that sufficient training and skills are provided to the youth. The skill set of youth in India plays vital role in the growth of the country. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) India is offering various vocational courses at senior secondary level and secondary level.
The courses are diverse and can be classified into various categories such as commerce, home science, hospitality and tourism, health and para-medical, engineering, agriculture and others. These courses are offered in association with organizations such as NIFT, ROLTA, MED, WWI, NHMIT, etc to train and upgrade the professional skills of youth. The students can choose from the diverse courses available as per their interest to gain skills in the chosen field.
Vocational education will provide tremendous opportunities to youth in various sectors. It will help build skilled and educated workforce that is the need of the hour.
Essay on Importance of Vocational Education – Essay 3 (400 words)
Vocational education refers to the training that emphasizes on skills and knowledge needed for specific job, trade or craft. Vocational education is provided for wide range of job functions in various sectors like tourism, food and beverage, computer networking, banking and finance, fashion designing, property management and many more. Students can choose from diverse courses available as per their skills and interest.
Importance of Vocational Education
- In today’s fast paced life and competitive world it is really hard to find a good Job. Vocational education is an advantage as VET programs offer practical skills and hands on training that trains students for specific jobs. The students who develop practical skills for particular field are more confident and perform better in interviews as well as jobs than the students with general academic background.
- Vocational education also popular as technical or career education provides clear edge in career goals as it provides expertise and knowledge in specific discipline. The courses prepare them for specific job. Vocational education programs are of short duration and are less expensive than the conventional academic educational programs. They eliminate the disadvantages of rote-learning and give practical learning experience that makes the students job ready.
- Not only are the students at advantage but there is also the growing need of skilled labor. High quality vocational education and skilled manpower is prerequisite for economic development. The graduates with conventional academic learning and degrees are not job ready and mostly lack the skills to meet the job expectations. There is high demand of skilled man power in various industries across the world. High priority is given to skilled manpower globally. Some of the profiles for which skilled manpower is high in demand across the world include computer specialist, nuclear technician, fashion designers, electricians, cardiovascular technologist and web-developer.
- Vocational education helps youth to acquire practical experience and learn modern methods of diverse vocations. Students are now aware of their skills and choose their careers wisely. Vocational education prepares students to take up highly rewarding jobs and help them become independent at young age.
With changing times people have started understanding the importance of vocational education. More skill and knowledge based jobs will be generated in future. Close cooperation between industries and educational organizations with regard to vocational training is essential to ensure that the education offered is relevant to the market demand and job expectations.
Essay on Growing Need for Vocational Education – Essay 4 (500 words)
Vocational education is the course of study that prepares students for handling the jobs practically rather than understanding their aspects theoretically. Vocational education is mostly non-academic in nature and is related to specific trade, occupation or vocation. Vocational education is gaining importance and people are opting for such courses online and offline to gain skills in the field of their interest. Traditionally, vocational education focused on few trades like welder and automobile mechanic and was mainly enrolled by lower social classes.
Growing Need of Vocational Education
With the development of our nation, there is a growing need of skilled manpower and vocational education prepares students for a job. Demand for skilled labour has increased both in business and government sectors. There has been a speedy increase in vocational education owing to the increasing demand of skilled professionals. Vocational education has immensely diversified over the period of time. Demand for skilled professionals has increased in various industries such as tourism, information technology, banking and finance, retail management, BPO, hospitality and traditional crafts. There are various institutes that provide vocational training to the youth to make them job-ready.
Present day education puts more emphasis on rote-learning and not on the practical work. There is a lot of pressure on students due to rise in competition. Vocational learning allows students to choose the career of his/her interest, gain practical knowledge and get groomed.
In India there is a disparity between skills of educated youth and demand in various sectors. There is greater need of skilled manpower that can meet the job expectations. Vocational education can train students to meet the job expectations. In order to meet the job demand and expectations students should be motivated to take up vocational education.
Students in India are encouraged to score well and seek admission in a good college whether it imparts vocational training or not. Students should get the opportunity to pursue the career as per their interests as well as according to their calibre rather than pushing them to become doctors and engineers even if they don’t have the required mindset. They must seek admission in courses that offer vocational training and don’t focus solely on theoretical part. The absence of skilled professionals in various technical fields is costing us economically.
Some students may come as a surprise package when they get opportunity to be trained and enhance their natural skills and talents. They become highly successful in their field and fetch good pay packages. The good news is that there is growing demand and scope for diverse skills globally. Sometimes the grades on mark sheets really don’t matter. Most of the students can really be good when it comes to displaying their practical skills. It is seen that many students who are not very good academically in their school prove to be good employees and attain great heights professionally.
There is a growing need of vocational education to develop skilled professionals in all occupations for the social and economic growth of our country. Students who have low academic performance should not be discouraged by the parents and society. There are diverse options open for the students these days and they should be free to choose whatever their interests and skills lead them to.
Essay on Benefits of Vocational Education – Essay 5 (600 words)
Vocational education is the skill based education in a specific field which enables students to acquire training and practical skills in a specific trade, vocation or occupation. It is also known as career and technical education as students develop skills and expertise in a specific discipline through manual practice. Vocational courses focus more on application based study.
Diverse job functions from various sectors such as banking and finance, food and beverage, tourism, computer network, designing, healthcare, cosmetology, skilled trades etc, are included in vocational education.
Benefits of Vocational Training
- Job Ready: Vocational education makes a student employment ready. It provides students required skills and training for a particular job such as Interior Designing, Fashion Designing, Computer Networking, etc. Along with the classroom instructions students also get practical knowledge. This makes the students job-ready and experts in their field.
- Low Education Cost: Private and Government institutes provide vocational education and the fees for such courses are quite economic. Vocational courses are easy and cheaper alternative for students who do not want to take a three year degree course and cannot afford the hostel fees, commuting and added costs. Many vocational courses are as good as degree courses and provide employment to the students. Vocational course is the best option for those who cannot manage the expenses for college degree.
- Easy Employment: Vocational training makes it easy for the students to find employment opportunities. There is a growing need of skilled and efficient manpower for jobs in various sectors. The students with vocational training have advantage over the college pass outs. The students with vocational training are preferred as they possess right skills, education and knowledge for the job. Thus, easy and fast employment is a major advantage that students with vocational training have. Vocational education and skills can also provide students employment opportunities in foreign countries.
- Career Advancement: For people who already have a job and want to acquire further skills to enhance their career, vocational education is the best alternative. The duration of the course is quite less compared to the degree courses but the skills imparted are quite important and useful. Professionals can improve their career prospects and be successful. Students who are less interested in academic studies or the drop outs can choose from the diverse courses available and enhance their skills in the field of their interest. Vocational education can help students make a successful career.
- Meet Market Demand: Employers in various industries rely on training organizations to impart knowledge and skills to the workers. These training organizations need to train the workers and ensure that their services meet the needs of employers and the students are job ready. Students who pursue vocational courses at college level do not require undergoing such training programs. This saves the company cost spent in training.
- Economic Development: There is a growing need of skilled professionals in various sectors across the world. The existence of skilled manpower is beneficial to the society and also for the economic development of the nation. There would be lesser need to import manpower from foreign countries at higher wages.
- Job Satisfaction: There are also various indirect benefits. For instance, vocational education boosts confidence of the students and they are well groomed and trained that makes them eligible for specific jobs. It also increases the job satisfaction and results in high productivity.
Students who successfully complete VET programs perform better in jobs compared to the students with mere academic education. Vocational education is an asset to our economy. There is high demand of skilled labour both in business and government sectors. Vocational education benefits students, employers, society and nation.
Long Essay on Vocational Education – Essay 6 (800 Words)
Vocational Education refers to an education preparing the students for specific industrial or commercial engagements. It provides an option other than the traditional forms of professional courses like engineering and medical. Vocational training prepares interested students for specific trade or occupation. It is an opportunity for someone who doesn’t want to or couldn’t enroll in professional courses for some reason or the other.
Students are given hands on training and experience in their specific subject, by skilled instructors. Every year some new fields are included in vocational training courses, providing the students a good number of options to choose from.
Types of Vocational Programs
Vocational Education prepares students for industrial or commercial employment. There are many options available through which vocational training could be acquired. Many trade institutes offer vocational training courses or else it could be acquired by in job training programs for specific fields of interest.
Many vocational courses have been integrated into the syllabus of CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education); a national level board of education in India controlled by the Government of India. Some of the most opted among these vocational courses include – Accountancy and Auditing, Marketing and Salesmanship, Banking, Business Administration, Electrical Technology, Automobile Technology, Civil Engineering and IT Application etc. Any student can opt for the subject of his/her choice in senior secondary level.
Where is Vocational Education Provided?
For the convenience of students as well as keeping in mind the interests of working professionals, the government of India provides vocational training in both full time and part time courses. The full time training is provided through Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs), while part time courses are offered by the State Technical Education. Thus, Polytechnics – privately owned ITIs or Government owned ITIs are the best place to acquire vocational training.
Students also have the option for opting for the specific subject they want to be trained in, at senior secondary level.
Advantages of Vocational Education
Vocational Education is an unconventional method to generate skilled workforce having practical knowledge and experience. These students are trained in real practical situations, making them instantly employable in their specific trade.
It requires less time than professional courses and is much cheaper to pursue. At a relatively young age and in considerably less time, a vocational student learns the skills of the trade and gains practical working experience, securing his career and growth.
The availability and quality of vocational education in a country determines its industrial and economic progress. Industries get young and skilled employees with hands on experience and probably long commitments. This is in fact a win win situation for the industry/company.
Being cheaper to pursue and with no age bar, vocational education provides an option to the students from economically weaker section or for the elders who never had the opportunity to study. Therefore, vocational education reduces unemployment and hence poverty graph of a nation. More skilled students mean more employability quotient and more jobs, thereby resulting in overall growth of the nation.
Schemes Offered by the Government of India
The Government of India offers many schemes to provide vocational training to the underprivileged or economically backward sections. Some of the most significant of such schemes are given below.
This program is specifically designed for the state of Jammu and Kashmir. The program has five year duration and offers vocational training and employment in the fields of Information Technology, BPO and retail.
Polytechnics are a kind of Industrial Training Institute present in almost all states of India. It provides three year diploma courses in various discipline of Engineering and computer science.
3) Industrial Training Institutes
Industrial Training Institutes offer vocational training in various engineering and non engineering disciplines. ITIs are managed by the Directorate General of Training and Employment, Government of India.
4) NRLM (National Rural Livelihood Mission)
Launched in June 2011, NRLM is specifically targeted at BPL (Below Poverty Line) group. It is aimed at providing vocational training in various trades to the people residing below poverty line, differently able and women, in order to make them self employable.
5) Craftsmen Training Scheme
This scheme provides vocational training in various engineering disciplines as well as in the fields of paramedical, agriculture and commerce etc. It is governed by the Directorate of Vocational Education and Training.
Vocational Education is nothing less than a blessing for those who cannot go for professional courses for some reason or the other. It provides a wonderful and affordable opportunity to acquire technical skills and improve their employability factor. A quality vocational education provided by skilled trainers will generate young and efficient workforce, which will contribute immensely to the progress of the nation. It also provides an opportunity to generate self employment to the people residing below poverty line, differently able or women. Such people are taught skills to start up their own business in a trade of their choice.
Remember. This is just a sample.
You can get your custom paper from our expert writers