- By assurance middle income individuals looking for a bargain on the necessary complementary goods that come with house and property ownership. The Restore relies on customers having a demand that forces them to come to the store to make their purchase. They acquire the majority of their product from foreclosure purchases and donations. They hire a mixture of volunteers and paid employees. The Restore lacks the specialization of major furniture and household appliance firms but models their business structure around a low-cost model which is easily obtained through Habitat for Humanity's charity status.
- The Habitat for Humanity firm as a whole focuses on building houses for the homeless, it has been doing so since 1976. It funds its ventures through stores across the nation like the Restore and the aforementioned foreclosure purchases. The recipients of the house do not receive their housing for free, however. They have an affordable payment plan set up based on their annual income. The profits from these houses are used in turn to build more houses and to pay for the numerous full-time employees that work for the organization. Charity status allows them to sell products gained in foreclosure.
- Volunteers aren't compensated for their work. Reduced taxes. Appliances and furniture are acquired at little to no cost. Demand is high because they sell to all the people that purchase houses through the habitat. They get a steady influx of other customers thanks to the low prices. Convenient location on a frequently busy road. A wide array of products. Simple business structure. Church support provides good community advertisement. Habitat provides a proven business structure through which to run the store. Lack of specialization. Lack of consistent quality in products. Managing a mixture of hired employees and volunteers.
- Having to follow a strict set of moral codes and rules. Non- Guaranteed product supply. The restore and Habitat as a whole would do well to implement a training program similar to the one used by modern fast food industries. It would ensure that the leaders running their assets would be the best qualified for their respective Jobs. The company as a whole should make it a requirement that the managers send in reports of the effectiveness of their business model on a bi-quarterly basis so that adjustments can be made, it is also noteworthy that a degree of freedom and leniency are more than practical in any equines.
- While a stable command structure is important, it is even more so important that intelligent leaders, which the training program would ensure, should be allowed to take initiative without fear of being reprimanded so long as it follows the business standards and moral code, and is justifiable. Habitat has already covered expansion seeing as that they have restores scattered across the globe, so a logical next step would be to focus on high-end retail. Setting up Restores that cater to more lucrative opportunities.
Order custom essay Swot: Strategic Management and Charity Status with free plagiarism report
Did you know that we have over 70,000 essays on 3,000 topics in our database?
Cite this page
Swot: Strategic Management and Charity Status. (2018, Aug 25). Retrieved from https://phdessay.com/swot-strategic-management-and-charity-status-2/