Background of the Study
All things changes as the world progress on time.
Man starts to fulfill their work from scratch and as generations have pass, man uses alternative to lessen the aggrevation of work One of these alternatives is technology which is evident in the enormous society. At present time, business establishments wants to seek the use of technology as a tool in incrementing sales and productivity. One of these companies is the Marikina Shoe Exchange. Marikina Shoe Exchange (MSE) is a group of companies selling footwear, apparel, body care, and household products. Most products sold by the company is Philippine made. This company is a family-owned Filipino corporation, owned by the Jardiolin family.
Order custom essay Sales and Iventory with free plagiarism report
MSE engages in direct selling. Natasha, Confetti, Xxtra, Vivacci, Gabrio Franco, and Shoe Studio are its sister companies. MSE’s history shows that it is deeply rooted on it’s sister companies timeline. 1984 marks the opening of the Confetti (named after the events of the EDSA revolution where confetti rains throughout the streets) Greenbelt branch and soon it blossoms around 1987 to 1990 where there is a notable rapid expansion of the said company. One of the company’s peak happens when they open another branch at the SM Megamall during 1989. In 1990, Natasha starts as a retail operation in Robinsons Galleria.
Following that year till 1993 engraves the start of the Natasha Department Store outlets in Cinderella stores as well as in Landmark. In April 18, 1994, the group of companies launch its direct-selling marketing plan which is later revised from 1996 to 1997 to a new edge plan which is still used till present. The opening of the first MSE branch which is in Tutuban happens on September 1999. At present, MSE has thirteen branches which includes Tutuban, Dagupan, Alabang, Cubao, Davao, Cebu, Taft Avenue, Bacolod, Isabela, Cagayan de Oro, Starmall Mandaluyong, Pampangga and Imus, which is the location of our study.
Although MSE has no mission and vision , it believes that they owe its success most of all to its adherence to its core values, namely customer service, discipline, constant improvement, respect for each other and honesty. MSE is still using its manual system on their transactions that cannot provide the securing and recording of daily transactions, the ability to provide an organized sales reports and the ability to keep track of the inventory, which would be somehow lessen the workload and the ability to keep track of the inventory, which would be somehow lessen the workload of the workers.
And because of these problems manual system is very difficult to address. This study aims to dispell these problems by applying modern paradigm and methodologies to solve it and relate these systems synchronously.
Statement of the Research Problem
MSE being a direct selling company encounters several problems. These problems are: Low Security of Files. There are chances of possibly loosing to data due to absence of citing the access levels in viewing and modifying data. Almost all elements are manually encoded including resultant values from computations. Unable to Monitor Products Thorougly. There are present ncertainties in the system such as assesing the supply if it exceed or is lower number of stocks. Without overseeing the quantity, updating the stocks from the supplier will have a delay which will eventually might run out and could lead to out of stock or phase out. Lackadaisical Report Generation. With the existing system, report generation is manual, resulting in unreliability or uncertainties in the reports. Reports needed to other succeeding documentations will have a pending state till the reports are finished eventhough there are chances that is overdue in the required time.
Statement of Objectives
- To develop an Online Sales and Inventory System for Marikina Shoe Exchange.
- To analyze and determine the problems and the factorsof the existing system through the use of data flow diagrams.
- To gather every detail and information required to make the system.
- To make a system that will catch the the attention and interest of the user.
- To make meaningful functionalities and features which are user-friendly.
- To train the users particularly the assigned personnel on how to use the system at ease.
- To create a database that will store significant datas in online ordering and as well as the inventory.
Significance of the Study
This study will provide some merits to certain group of individuals. Some who will benefit the study are:
- Company. By this study, the gap between the customers and the company be shorten, increasing the incoming orders as well as the company’s productivity over time. They can also promote their products everywhere and everytime.
- Employee. Employees will have lesser work in maintaining their inventory as all orders description and others details are stored in the database. They can easily monitor all incoming orders as well as their remaining stocks and can minimize the cost of receipt generation.
- Customer. Through this study, the customer will be ensured with convenience in ordering their desired products, as well as being updated to the latest releases of trends and the recent promos, can pay through the net and get their orders on their doorsteps.
- Proponents. The proponent can have a wider understanding about how does processes in a system cycle throughout the supplier-business-customer relationship. They can also gain knowledge on strategic decisions on how to handle problems encountered by the company and how to formulate the proper solutions.
- Future Researchers. The future researchers will have ample ideas on how to deal problems in their researches especially those who will have the same topic. Using this research as a guideline, it can aid them in documentations and how to interrelate each concepts to mend the milestones of each activity.
Scope and Limitations of the Study
- Front End. The front-end part of the system is the website which will be seen or used by the customers. The proponents will create a user friendly Website for Marikina Shoe Exchange that will enable users to view and order products online. Through this site, customers will be able register, view products, and receive notifications regarding new promos, and order products online. The Website will be updated regularly to provide excellent customer service.
- Back End. To make the inventory process of the company easier, the proposed system will include a database system that will lessen the errors made by manual inventory checking. The employee will simply input the number of stocks at hand. If the quantity of a certain product is below the normal level of the number of stocks, the employee will be notified to ensure that they have a good amount of stocks for a certain product. The proposed system will also provide security; only authorized employees will be able to check the database to avoid the risk of other people accessing the inventory files.
- Maintenance. The proponents will provide a certain device that will serve as the back-up of the proposed system. The said system will also be easy to maintain; all required information is stored in one database.
- Delivery. Delivery rates will depend on how far the customer is located and will also depend on the total amount of the customers’ ordered products.
- Mode of Payment. Since the customers ordered online, payment will be made through credit card. Registered customers will be asked to provide a credit card line and number to be able to order products online. This mode of payment is guaranteed on its convenience.
Methodology of the Study
One way to reduce cycle time is to use phased development. The system is designed so that it can be delivered in pieces, enabling the users to have some functionality while the rest is being developed.
Thus, there are usually two systems functioning in parallel: the production system and the development system. The operational or production sytem is the one currently being used by the customer and user; the development system is the next version that is being prepared to replace the current production system. Often, we refer to the systems in terms of their release numbers: the developers build Release 1, test it, and turn it over the users as the first operational release. Then, as the users use Release 1, the developers are building Release 2. Thus, the developers are always working on Release n + 1 while Release n is operational.
There are many ways for the developers to decide how to organize development into releases. The two most popular approaches are incremental development and iterative development. In incremental development, the system as specified in the requirements documents is partitioned into subsystems by functionality. The releases are defined by beginning with one small, functional subsystem and then adding functionality with each new release. However, iterative development delivers a full system at the very beginning and then changes the fuctionality of each subsystem with each new release.
Did you know that we have over 70,000 essays on 3,000 topics in our database?