Nutrisystem is a well known meal-plan system that’s created to enable weight loss. The plan is so easy and affordable because the company behind this system ships all the food you’ll need for breakfast, lunch, and dinner right to your door.
These meals are perfectly proportioned and are either prepared or simple to assemble so that you don’t have to struggle to count calories or make your balanced diet.
Nutrisystem is one of the finest diets in the world and has been used for more 40 years. It has developed specific plans to women, men, vegetarians, and those with diabetes. I discovered that men’s meal plans are slightly expensive than women’s. They produced a different menu for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a snack.
or any similar topic only for you
In addition to that, there are extra items like fresh fruits and veggies and snacks that you buy from the food stores. It is recommended that the plan cannot be used by people with specific needs including pregnant women, people with chronic kidney disease, or anyone with specific allergies or other diet needs. It is also not for children under 14, although the system provides programs for children of 14 to 17 years old.
How does system work?
The plan provides well prepared and proportioned meals that come frozen and are fully prepared. There are more than 150 different foods you can choose from and more than 120 of these meals are currently low sodium and contain no preservatives and no tran’s fat. Examples of food options that fit into the diet plan include their cinnamon rolls, chicken parmesan, and cheese tortellini.
By following the instructions developed by the system to you, you can theoretically lose weight without having to stop the foods you love or spend your dieting days hungry. Meals are high in fiber and protein, and utilize more complex carbs to maintain blood sugar and prevent cravings. The plan suggests to completely avoid or limit alcohol while on Nutrisystem program.
What food you can eat and what you can’t:
- Nutri-system is a well planned 28-day program that offers prepared foods.
- For breakfast, different options may include flour muffins, oatmeal, granola, green vegetables and pancakes.
- For lunches and dinners, there are different selections like chicken; tacos and pasta; soup, stew, and chili; and pizza.
- Desserts and snacks, options might include brownies, cake, or cookies.
- I found out that the program contains a long list of prepackaged fruits, vegetables, nuts, fresh meat and dairy, and other foods that you can eat along with your Nutrisystem foods.
Meals of the plan mainly focus on:
- Smart carbohydrates: These don’t raise your blood sugar as much as other foods. But, you will need to limit or avoid high-GI foods like white bread, white rice, and certain foods.
- A different nutrient: It’s estimated that at least half your calories come from carbs, 25% from protein, and 25% from fat.
- Low calories: It’s important to know that the calorie count is designed to help you lose a pound or two each week on this diet program. The exception is that women on the “lean 13” is expected to lose 13 pounds and 7 inches in the first month while men can expect to lose 15 pounds and 7 inches.
- Limited sodium: According to the company, the programs offer about 2000 milligrams of sodium daily. The foods you buy on your may add to the total.
Medium level of affordability
It is important to know that ordering a 28-day prepared food is easy, and the items are already prepackaged for you. But, there are some reasons that I really liked Nutrisystem because of its affordability, the convenience of delivering most of your food for the month right to your door, and the results. The main formula is that follow their plan, and you are guaranteed to lose weight.
Limitations: You can choose your foods from the different choices Nutrisystem offers. There are about 150 different foods to choose from their most expensive plan “completely yours”. You can pick up your choice from dozens of items to buy on your at the grocery store.
Cooking and shopping: Depending on the locality you live, you can purchase a 28-day shipment of food that the company selects, or you may able to choose each item by yourself. But, you can buy your suitable meal plan intended for women, men, vegetarians, people with diabetes, or anyone older than 60. You can save your time because you will not have to cook, since most Nutrisystem foods either are ready to eat or only need heating. The exception is that some items that you may buy from the grocery store, like vegetables and fish, may involve more preparation.
Workouts of Nutrisystem: Regular workouts is an important part, and the plan recommends you get at least 30 minutes of physical activity daily. You can divide this up into three 10-minute periods throughout the day.
Does Nutrisystem allow for dietary restrictions to preferences?
Yes, there are specific meal plans for vegans and people with diabetes. But the system does not have plans for people following vegan diet.
The prices of Nutrition usually depends on which plan you choose, and it usually ranges from $278.99 to $343.99 for women. Plans for men are more expensive, but also include more food.
All Nutri-system plans include support services including online tracking and nicely designed meal plans and guides fir eating in restaurants.
Overall the diet is healthy for people with condition s like heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes.
Meals are low in sodium, saturated fats, and trans fats, and include high fiber whole grains, smart carbs, healthy fats, lean protein, and wide variety of foods.