Modules 9 & 10 Module 9: Critical Vehicle Systems
After reading about the maintenance and safety of your vehicle in Module 9, please answer the following questions (using complete sentences, proper spelling and grammar).
- Which car system or feature listed in Module 9 do you think is most important? The seat belt is the MOST important feature in the car to me.
- Why is that particular feature so important? Because it will and can save my life in a car accident or a very sudden stop.
- How do you benefit from that feature? When I buckle it I know that I’m safe and secure.
If we were to come close or get into a car accident I know that I would not be throwing from out of the car.
Module 10: Sharing the Road with Others Stops and Starts: Reflect on Module 10 and the entire course. Look back at your journal entries. When explaining, please answer in complete sentences, using proper spelling and grammar.
Being the Driver: Stops: Using the information learned in this course, name three things you will not do when driving.
- I will NEVER use drugs or alcohol behind the wheel of the car, drinking and using drugs are irrelevant towards my life. My life is much more than that.
- I will never text or talk on the phone when driving, the road will always have my undivided attention.
- I will never show out behind the wheel of a car, I can very much injure myself or a person inside or around the car.
Explain why you will not do these things while driving.
- I will not do these things because I can lose my life or take someone else life, a car is a machine that is controlled by me I am controlling it and if I were to do any of those things I would not be controlling it like I should be.
Starts: Using the information learned in this course, name three things you will do when driving.
- I will watch out for pedestrians and make sure that I am making a complete stop at a stop sign. I will check all the mirrors before driving and put my seat belt on.
- Make sure that I am paying attention to the roads and everything that surrounds me.
- I will make sure that I pay attention to all the signs on the roads and make sure that I read them correctly.
Explain why you will do these particular things when driving.
- These are the rules and regulations of the roads and also laws that will make us become better drivers and respect the roads, other driver and also ourselves.
Riding as a Passenger: Write about one thing you will stop doing as a passenger.
- Bothering the driver while they are driving and let them pay attention to the road. Write about one thing you will start doing as a passenger.
- Making sure everyone in the car has on their seat belts.