Speech 101 D 10/14/12
Delivery Outline Introduction
Attention getter: Take the time to think, how well do you know the people you call friends?
Order custom essay John Wayne Gacy As A Serial Killer with free plagiarism report
Reveal topic: John Wayne Gacy was one of the Notorious Serial Killer in the United States.
Thesis: Gacy was one of the well-known serial killers during the 1970’s. Credibility: In a 1982 news paper article from the Washington Post News “Gacy killed at least 33 young teenage boys by lower them to work for him. ”
Preview: We will look at details involving gacy life such as his early life, Serial killing, and his trial. Transition sentence: Let us begin with how he was raised.
I. Gacy Early childhood life
A. Attended Catholic school
1. He was not a very popular kid in school.
2. According to Racheal Bell in the Crime Library, “He always remained active with other children and thoroughly enjoyed outdoor scouting activities. ”
B. Family relationships
1. Gacy relationship with his mother and sisters were very strong.
2. According to Racheal Bell in the Crime Library, “his father was an abusive alcoholic who physically abused his mother and verbally abused him and his sister. Gacy deeply wanted to gain his father devotion and attention.
Transition sentence: Now that you have a better understanding of his early life, let’s talk about the Serial killing.
II. Serial Killer
A. Pogo the Clown/Killer Clown
1. His alter ego was one of the ways he lower young boys in his home.
2. According to the Crime and Investigation crime files “Gacy had convinced his self that his alter personality Jack Hanson had committed the murders and was trying to frame him for them. ”
B. According to the Crime and Investigation crime files “Gacy was making sexual advances to young employees within his father-in-law’s restaurant. ”
1.Mark Miller was one of gacy’s first victims which had gotten away.
2. As said in a 1975 article from Chicago Tribune states, “Gacy just couldn’t resist his urges of making sexual advances towards young boys. He increased his interest in gay pornography and violent mood swings. ”
Transition sentence: Now that you know how/when he started the killing, let’s talk about the trial (conviction).
III. Gacy on trail(conviction)
A. Confession and Trial
1. According to the book Killer Clown: The John Wayne Gacy Murders “Left a stunning impression on the jurors and the courtroom spectators, who were learning some details for the first time.
2. According to Michael Buchanan of the criminal law blog“Gacy admitted to detectives that he had committed approximately 30 murders, all of them teenage males. Once back at Gacy's residences, the young men would be handcuffed and choked as they were sexually assaulted. Some of the teenagers had been strangled with a tourniquet, which Gacy referred to as his "rope trick". Most of the victims, Gacy said, were buried in the crawl space of his home where, periodically, he would pour lime to hasten the decomposition of the corpses. ”
B. Gacy was convicted of all 33 murders
1.He was sentenced to serve 12 death sentence and 21 natural sentences.
2. He died by lethal injection on May 10, 1994 at Stateville Correctional Center in Illinois.
Transition sentence: So I ask you, do you know the people you associate with on a daily basic? Conclusion The world we live in today you just can’t be too sure of who you know or who you want to get to know. Gacy was one of the well-known serial killers across the U. S during the 1970’s. As we can see Gacy wasn’t brought up to do the things he did(Yes of course he really didn’t have a father, but I felt that was not an excuse. )
Cite this Page
John Wayne Gacy As A Serial Killer. (2018, May 08). Retrieved from https://phdessay.com/john-wayne-gacy-as-a-serial-killer/
Run a free check or have your essay done for you