Human Resource Management (HARM) is the function within an organization that focuses on recruitment of, management of, and providing direction for the people who work in the organization. HARM can also be performed by line managers. HARM is the organizational function that deals with issues related to people such as compensation, hiring, performance management, organization development, safety, wellness, benefits, employee motivation, communication, administration, and training.
HARM is also a strategic and comprehensive approach to managing people and the workplace culture and environment. Effective HARM enables employees to nutrition effectively and productively to the overall company direction and the accomplishment of the organization's goals and objectives. HARM Is moving away from traditional personnel, administration, and transactional roles, which are Increasingly outsourced. HARM is now expected to add value to the strategic utilization of employees and that employee programs impact the business in measurable ways. The new role of HARM Involves strategic direction and HARM metrics and measurements to demonstrate value.
Order custom essay Human Resource Management Strategic with free plagiarism report
- Procurement function: The first operative function of personnel management is procurement. It is concerned with procuring and employing people who possess necessary skill, knowledge and aptitude. Under Its purview you have Job analysis, manpower planning, recruitment, selection, placement, Induction and Internal mobility.
- Development: It is the process of improving, molding, changing and developing the skills, knowledge, creative ability, aptitude, attitude, values and commitment based on present and future requirements both at the individual's and organization's level.
- Motivation and compensation: It Is a process which Inspires people to give their best to the organization through the use of Intrinsic achievement, recognition, responsibility) and extrinsic ebb design, work scheduling, appraisal based incentives) rewards.
- Maintenance: It aims at protecting and preserving the physical and psychological health of employees through various welfare measures.
- Integration function: This tries to Integrate the goals of an organization with employee aspirations through various employee-oriented programmers, like redressing grievances promptly, instituting proper disciplinary measures, empowering people to decide things Independently, encouraging a participative culture, offering constructive help to trade unions etc. .
- Emerging issues: Effective management of human resources depends on refining HARM practices to changing conditions.
Hence the need to look at other important issues that can motivate people to give their best in a dynamic and ever-changing environment. The operative functions of personnel management are related to specific activities of personnel management biz. , employment, development, compensation and relations. All these functions are Interacted by managerial functions. Further these functions are to be performed In conjunction with management functions. Employment FIFO employing the people possessing required kind and level of human resources necessary to achieve the organizational objectives.
Induction and Orientation
Induction and orientation are the techniques by which a new employee is rehabilitated in the changed surroundings and introduced to the practices, policies, purposes and people etc. , of the organization. Acquaint the employee with the company philosophy, objectives, policies, career planning and development, opportunities, product, market share, social and community standing, company history, culture etc. Longitude the employee to the people with whom he has to work such as peers, supervisors and subordinates.Mould the employee attitude by orienting him to the new working and social.
Did you know that we have over 70,000 essays on 3,000 topics in our database?