Forensic Science Questions
1. What are club drugs? What are some of the factors that support the use of club drugs? “Club Drugs” are drugs that are usually used at a club, nightclub, raves, and such. It is synthetic drugs, but they are used to “enhance” the experience.
or any similar topic only for you
The type of factor that supports club drugs would be either environment and/or development. 2. What are screening tests? Why are they used?
The screening tests are a type of test that can identify any substance that someone has used. This helps forensic scientists rule out any possibilities of certain types of drugs being used. 3. What are color tests? Why are these tests used?
Color tests are used by introducing a chemical reagent to the drug, then you observe and examine if the material changes colors. The color tests are mainly used with trying to find drugs at a crime scene. 4. What are microcrystalline tests? What information do they provide? Microcrystalline tests use the same method as the color test, but the reagent also helps examine the morphology of the crystals that form, as well as the shape of it.
This test is more accurate and more specific than the color test, it is also much faster and you do not need to separate the substance from other substances it’s with. 5. What is spectrophotometry? How can this be useful in identifying drugs? The Spectrophotometry is useful by identifying drugs. Like the color test, it cannot point out a specific drug, but it is very useful for determining if a drug is present. The spectrophotometry uses UV and infrared light and is tested to see how the light reflects or absorbs the light.
Critical Thinking Questions
1. Why are forensic scientists an important part of drug cases? Forensic scientists are an important part of drug cases because they have different types of tests that they can use to help find and identify drugs. Because of forensic scientists, I bet a lot more drugs have been discovered at crime scenes.
2. If you were a forensic scientist and you were called to a crime scene to see if drugs were present, what would you do to determine this? As a forensic scientist, I would use all of the tests to be able to find if any drugs are present, and if so, where and what kind.
3. Why is it important for forensic scientists to have as much information as possible about the place where a possible drug substance was found? It is important for forensic scientists to have as much information as possible about the place where a possible drug substance was found because the location can help you track other substances, and it may help discover what happened and who used drugs.
4. What are some of the difficulties in identifying particular drugs? Why is it important for forensic scientists to be able to identify particular drugs? The difficult part of identifying a particular drug is that some people may mix substances with other substances, legal or illegal. Some people use items in their houses to try and hind their drugs the best that they can, which will make it hard for you to find it and identify it. It’s important for forensic scientists to be able to identify particular drugs because there’s a lot of crime scenes that involve drugs and there will be court cases and charges for drugs that are found, and forensic scientists and other investigators will have to identify the drug(s) to be able to prove that it’s that drug and not any other type of substance.