Ever run out of crafts to do? Want to make a cool gift for someone? Want to get in touch with your creative side? Making a duct tape wallet is the answer. It’s a fun way to make a new project to keep busy while making something for someone else or yourself. My presentation will be making a duct tape wallet. I will be starting with materials that will be needed, the steps to construct the wallet, and options to add to personalize it. For your reference, the shell is referred to as the main part of the wallet.
The materials that need
- A pair of scissors
- A piece of plastic or clear Scotch tape(optional)
- Also, you will need 1 solid color and 1 printed duct tape. In this case, I am using a solid pink and zebra printed tape.
Order custom essay Demonstrative Speech with free plagiarism report
Now the steps
- Cut 8 strips of the solid pink duct tape. The measurement is 8 inches long.
- Once that’s done lay one strip sticky side up, then line up another strip( color side up) place it a little more than halfway on top. There will be a little strip of sticky still showing.
- Now place another strip on top of the sticky part that’s showing. Flip it over and continue to cover the sticky part on the bottom until you use all the strips of tape. You will be flipping it back and forth to complete the shell of the wallet.
- When done the sticky parts that are left, fold them over.
- Now clean up the edges. The length of your wallet should be 8 inches in length, and it should be 3 in with. When that is finished you will have the shell of the wallet.
- Cut a strip of the printed tape measuring the length of your wallet, and cut that piece into 2.
- Put one of the printed strips on the top of the shell to create a printed border.
- Cut 2 pieces of 4inch pick tape, to tape the sides of the wallet together.
- Now it’s time to start the pockets. Cut 6 strips of 4 inches of any color tape beside the color of your actual shell (in this case the printed tape is used). Stick two pieces of tape together, after completion you should have 3 assembled pieces. Measure the 3 pockets to make sure they are exactly the same size.
- Cut small strips to tape down to the shell. Make sure after taping the first pocket down that there is a substantial amount of space so there will be room to put credit cards in. After, place the next on top and tape down and continue until the last one is taped down.
- To create the secret pocket, cut 3 strips of 4 inches. Place the 2 pieces of tape on top of each other, once that’s done put the last piece on the very top of the pocket and fold it. Secure it with strips of tape on the three sides.
- Get the other strip of the printed tape you cut earlier and place it at the bottom to create the border.
- Then cut inches of the printed tape to finish up the printed border of your wallet. When that is done, you have made your own wallet.
Options to add to the wallet
To make the I. D holder you will need a piece of plastic or 2 pieces of scotch tape. Place over the secret pocket and secure it with small strips of tape and you have an I. D holder. You could also add Velcro to keep the wallet closed. Never knew that having a few pieces of duct tape could turn into something so fun and exciting to do. It’s a good way to be creative and make a craft for someone or yourself.
Did you know that we have over 70,000 essays on 3,000 topics in our database?