Entrepreneurship - Marketing Plan
Point of differentiation (Pod):
- We will offer customized products to the customers.
- We will bake cakes according to the preferences and requests of the customers.
- These cakes are made up of organic ingredients that are nutritious.
Order custom essay Bakery: Marketing and Cakes with free plagiarism report
Unique Selling Proposition (USP): Our unique selling proposition is our family recipe for cakes.
Segmentation: We will sell our product to the Elite and Upper-Middle class.
- To create awareness.
- To specialize in cakes that are different from any other cakes available in the market.
- To establish a strong presence in the market as a unique bakery.
- Spreading happiness through taste.
- Completing important moments of your life.
- Direct Interviews from customers.
- Direct Interviews from home bakers.
- We will also get information through questioners filled by the customers.
- Social websites
Analysis of data: We will analyze the data from filled questionnaires and after conducting interviews.
Marketing Mix: As Bakelicious is a service so we are using 7p’s of marketing.
Product: Cake, cupcakes, cookies, and muffins.
- Our price will vary on the size and ingredients used for baking cake.
- For a customer, we will decide how much a customer is willing to pay.
- As we are targeting elite and upper-middle-class so our cost will be some for both.
- As we are starting a new business so our cost should be less than other competitors.
- We will make our items at home and also do online selling. We will place stalls in funfairs in school, college and universities, etc.
We will do promotion through:
- By creating Facebook pages
- Bakelicious will be positioned as a home-based bakery that will provide home-baked goods.
- The focus will be on quality and freshness.
- It will be a fun and inviting alternative to mass-market companies.
- We will offer highly customized products such that customers will be able to make the treats that they would bake if they had the time.
People: Momina, Sana, and Sajawal
Process: People can place their orders through Facebook and through Telephone.
- A cake business is fun. Most people need cakes for special days or events so what better way to make someone smile.
- Low startup costs. Since it does not require rent some space, then rent can be taken off the budget list.
- High mark-up for cakes. Since cakes are easy to make, we can price them according to their worth. Some are worth more than others but either way, it’s going to make a nice profit.
- Each cake represents a person or a relationship or a celebration by them. So, like each individual or his/her relationship with others, the cakes are unique.
- The cakes are creative, and each is a piece of art. There may be thousands of bakeries out there, but there are only a handful of bakeries that make as creative cakes like Bakelicious.
- Bakeries products are perishable items hence need to be sold as soon as possible to gain maximum benefit. The customers also prefer fresh products.
- Our bakery has introduced a few bakery items from possible product lines. This limited menu can be seen as a weakness.
- When dealing with art, a single problem lies in every field, there are not many artists available out there to help us.
- Depending on the size of the kitchen, it needs extra storage space for supplies.
This may require purchasing an extra cabinet or rearranging the kitchen.
- Expansion of the Product Line in the future with the introduction of more bakery items.
- Bakery Industry is growing at a fast speed and the demand for quality food is never-ending.
- Changing consumer tastes have given rise to "artisan" or gourmet cakes. Smaller bakers like Bakelicious with flexible production facilities can capitalize on such.
- In recent years, customers are becoming more and more health-conscious and prefer home-made goods made with quality ingredients and customers are also willing to pay a high price for that. Bakelicious produces just that.
- Raw-material and energy costs volatile: The costs of major raw materials, such as wheat, vegetable oils, fuel for delivery can change rapidly. The volatility in prices of raw materials cannot affect the end-product price, thus shrinking the profit.
- Competitors: Current and potential competitors are major threats for Cakes Tell Stories.
Budgeting: After analyzing the prices of the Home Bakers we are going to price our products as follows:
- Ingredient cost for cake Rs 20. 000
- 2 delivery boys salary Rs 20. 000
- Rent of bikes (2) Rs 4. 000 per month
- Bikes fuel Rs 18. 000 per month.
- After all this marketing research we will then follow this marketing plan, all of the group members will organize and apply this marketing plan thoroughly.
- One of the group members will oversee the operations in terms of the material, delivery system, advertisement, and maintenance if required.
- Other two of them will bake the cakes as required.
Sales Plan Overall Size of Target Market: Islamabad Total Population: 1. 15 million
A. Elite 7%
B. Upper Middle 15%
C. Middle 33%
D. Lower Middle 35%
E. Lower 20%
Total Population = 1. 15 million
Percentage of Targeted Section = x 0. 22
Targeted Section = 2. 53
Lacs Average Member in a Family = 5
Total Families = 50,600
Families Prefer Home Made Cakes = x 0. 20
Total Targeted Families = 10,120
ATAR: Fliers (15%) = 12000
Brushers (10%) = 8000
Social Website (70%) = 2000
Number of Targeted Families Initially = 10120 x 0. 15 x 0. 10 x 0. 70 = 106
on Bakery: Marketing and Cakes
Promoting and marketing a business means to enhance the reach of the shop to a wider audience base and make them aware of your offerings. Cakes are loved by most of the population and are in high demands.
When you’re marketing to bakery customers, you always need to be tempting them with something new. For instance, if gluten-free is the craze (and it certainly seems to be, these days!) develop a whole line of gluten-free foods to satisfy that new market sector.
Anyone who has a disposable income is the target market for a cake shop. Almost everyone consumes cake in some or the other form, but there are other handicrafts or other snacks that people need to have choice. 2. How can you make your Cake shop business profitable?
That is why developing a marketing plan for your bakery business is one of the most important things to pay attention to if you want to improve your sales as fast as possible. You’re already subscribed!
Did you know that we have over 70,000 essays on 3,000 topics in our database?