As a proactive teacher new to the classroom I would want to be completely prepared for the entourage of first day students starting a new school year. I realize that in order to be totally prepared and ready for any problems that may arise I need to consider how to divert those problems before they manifest; by preparing myself and my classroom, and ensuring that both foster a conducive, positive learning environment I will be ahead of the game.
The list of preparation tasks that I would undertake are as follows:
· Make sure I have a full grasp of the curriculum and prepare as many materials and lessons as I can – for the first month at least, being sure to take all learning styles and strategies into account.
Order custom essay Being prepared for the new school year with free plagiarism report
· Make sure I know relevant personnel in the school, where they are located and how I get in contact with them.
· Obtain a list of school regulations and procedures.
· Make sure I know where supplies and resources are located and how they are obtained, including the library and computer facilities.
· Make sure I know where and how everyday activities occur, such as where assignments are submitted, where the toilets are located and where to send students if they are ill.
· Develop a plan or list of strategies on how I will deal with the little problems or concerns that may arise, such as late students, misuse of resources, special needs students and timetabling conflicts.
· Determine a set of class rules – not too many – so that students understand what is acceptable behaviour in the classroom and what I expect of them. Display these rules in an easily accessible spot for students to see and for me to refer to at any given time.
· Obtain class list and write name tags on desks ensuring a mix of student backgrounds and gender are integrated as much as possible, in an attempt to avert small cliques or groups developing.
· Arrange desks so that students can work individually, in small groups or as a class, ensuring that all students can see me and the board easily.
· Arrange all furniture and classroom resources so that they are easily obtainable by students without them having to climb over each other, furniture or other resources.
· Locate, obtain and post pictures, posters and any other materials relevant to the year’s curriculum, around the room.
· Ensure all facilities such as fans, lights etc. are in working order, if not ensure they are fixed before school commences.
Finally while resting during the summer holidays I will endeavor to read up-to-date literature on classroom management and any other areas of interest or concern for my teaching year.
Cite this Page
Being prepared for the new school year. (2016, Oct 03). Retrieved from https://phdessay.com/being-prepared-for-the-new-school-year/
Run a free check or have your essay done for you