Last year, the HR department was tasked to write the unwritten policies of the company and to review and revise all of the other written policies. HR was able to complete the required revisions within the time frame to the delight of members of the Executive and Management committees. HR proposed for the dissemination of these new policies to all departments of the company. Accordingly, the Executive Committee was not too willing to sacrifice some of the employees’ time for orientation such as this. But HR was able to convince them of the need for such orientation and implications if this would not be conducted. With the approval of the Executive Committee, HR coordinated with all the Managers of the line departments requesting for their subordinates and people to attend the scheduled orientations. All the departments were very cooperative and interested in the orientation. This project was again evidence of HR’s influence on the line departments and how the latter give their support to HR as their employees’ champion.
- HR's Strategic Role. 2005. David J.Collis and Michael G. Rustad. “Can You Say What Your Strategy Is? ” Harvard Business Review. April 2008.
- Alleven, Monica. “Working Out the Kinks. ” Wireless Week, 3/15/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p20-21. Mammarella, James. “Macy's too Slow Store Growth, Boost Interaction” Home Textiles Today, 3/10/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p20-20.
- Stich, Michael; Leonard, Jim; Jennifer Rooney. “Ring up e-commerce gains with a true multichannel strategy. ” Advertising Age, 3/10/2008, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p15-15. Gitomer, Jeffrey. “Remember reading? It's still the path to success. ” Des Moines Business Record, 3/10/2008, Vol.
- 26 Issue 10, p23-23. Mabli, Rita C. “The silent generation -- a catalyst for change in facilities for older adults. ” Westchester County Business Journal, 10/15/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 42, pS7-S7. Dave Ulrich and Wayne Brockbank. The HR value proposition. June 20, 2005.
- Price, Alan. “HR and that elusive strategic role. ” 2nd edition. Thomson Learning Publishing House. 2005 Adams, Larry. “Catalyst for Change. ” Appliance Design, May 2007.
- Vol. 55 Is 5 p 42-44. Rich, Sara. “Catalyst for Change. ” Money Management, 11/23/2006, Vol 20 Is 44 p4-6. David J. Collis and Michael G. Rustad. Harvard Business Review. April 2008.
Order custom essay Line Managers support HR initiatives with free plagiarism report
Did you know that we have over 70,000 essays on 3,000 topics in our database?