Kudler’s Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) System is not efficient. Kudler does use Intuit which is one of the best payroll processing software to have. Intuit stores the basic information needed for payroll: personal information, pay rate, tax exemptions, hire date, seniority date and organizational information. In addition to Intuit storing information, the store manager keeps an Excel spreadsheet that displays job analyses, salary surveys and individual compensation decisions (HRIS System, n.d., para 6).
All this information is needed the purposes of processing payroll correctly and making sure Kudler is in line with the guidelines given the IRS. In order to change any information within Intuit, a written document must be provided to the accounting clerk. Then the clerk will manually enter the changes into the system. The clerk also maintains a paper file with the tax forms for each employee. This file contains all the original forms for the employee data. Workers’ compensation is managed by a third party company that keeps their own records decisions (HRIS System, n.d., para 6).
Employees must manually fill out timesheets each week. This paper document is then approved by the store manager and then is faxed to the accounting department decisions (HRIS System, n.d., para 6). Any corrections made to the timesheets must be approved by the employee’s direct supervisor and store manager. The store manager has the employee files for all employees that work in the store instead of having a central filing area. These paper documents are stored in a locked filing cabinet. The documents that are stored in this filing cabinet consist of: job application/resume, performance reviews, I-9 forms and any disciplinary memos or performance management issues decisions (HRIS System, n.d., para 6). These types of files should not all be contained in one area by the store manager.
Order custom essay Kudler’s Human Resource Information System: Case Study with free plagiarism report
In order for an employee to ask for time off they must speak with their managers verbally. The managers are then responsible for tracking for any requests since there is no automated system decisions (HRIS System, n.d., para 6). Therefore, depending on the manager dictates what of method they use. Store managers are mostly in charge of hiring new employees with the assistance of the HR recruiter. Then after interviews are done and individuals are hired, the applications of the ones not hired are stored by the HR department.
The HR assistants keeps all information about complaints, grievances, etc locked in a file at the HR headquarters. In reviewing the above information about Kudler their overall HRIS is doing more work than necessary. As previously stated Kudler does not have any automated systems to complete any of the work aside from Intuit. Kudler is still using paper documents to store sensitive information. Solutions
- Kudler will incorporate Accero Cyborg Self Service which consists of three modules: Employee Self-Service, Benefits Self-Service and Manager Self-Service (Empower Employees and Managers with Accero Self Service, n.d., para 2). This product is completely online and will greatly decrease the need for paper documentation.
- With the introduction of Accero it will alleviate a lot work that the HR department handles (Empower Employees and Managers with Accero Self Service, n.d., para 2). All information that is stored in files on paper will be put input into the system. This will allow for HR to not have to continually fill out paperwork whenever there are any changes within the department.
- Employee and Benefits Self-Service will allow for employees to update and view their personal information (Empower Employees and Managers with Accero Self Service, n.d., para 2). They will also be able to view paychecks and manage payroll options. Employees will also be able to see their benefits information and update if necessary.
- Manager Self-Service allows for managers to quickly view employee profiles, access to HR data 24x7x365, access handbooks and procedure manuals (Empower Employees and Managers with Accero Self Service, n.d., para 2).
- Kudler will also incorporate a new online recruiting system call Kenexa 2x BrassRing. The software will allow Kudler to post jobs and maintain resumes within the system. Applicants will be able to create a profile and apply to jobs. HR will view the applications submitted and contact the appropriate manager. Managers will be able to view the submitted resumes as well if needed. If the applicant is not chosen, their resume will stay in the system for up to 90 days. Then the applicant will need to resubmit their resume.
- To help with the vast transition from paper to online Kudler will also incorporate a new online training course system call WebCourse. This will allow for all employees of Kudler to be trained per the specific department they work in.
Did you know that we have over 70,000 essays on 3,000 topics in our database?