The workforce is contingent on the willingness of personnel and sites .The workforce is the main concern of employers everywhere.All areas of employment are touched by economics and it consist of the figure of births rates, and the quantity of training each person receives.
100 years ago, most jobs were industrial in nature, what I mean is that individuals worked in factories or on an assembly lines.
These types of positions weren’t very challenging because it’s a situation that was repetitious because the worker repeat steps. Because of new technology today, everything happens to be more demanding, very aggressive and creative. Women are employed within position that once was considered “only men were productive in. Work shifts are divided into three shifts for several organizations.
They’re basically eight hours a shift and the employee usually work forty hours a week. Over the years the workforce has added four generation of workers. This has caused a distinctive effect on the workforce and organizations have employed and facing age differences.
The HR department has come to the knowledge that the workforce of the past as a consequence will influence the future status of many organizations. They realize that the success of the organization depends on being able to hire workers. Plus the facts show that many people are not retiring but continue to work well past the age of 65. HR specialists find that they’re having to formulate additional resolutions to meet the demands relating to the workforce with the aging workers.
Which requires HR specialists to understand and be able to execute ways to create jobs and to fill them with acceptable workers. Meanwhile workers and jobs are always transforming so organizations realize that they have diversity and the skill to maintain a balanced workforce being competent to accomplish their goals for the future of the organization.
Also, companies have moved to global level with improved technology and communication. Besides more women employees entered the workforce which was not the state 100 years ago where women lives tended to be centered around their families. During World War I changed who the workforce would use once the men were either volunteering or being drafted to serve in the military which resulted in there was no one to fill the positions. So businesses hired the women to work in the men’s place.
After showing the factories that the women were capable to carry out the duties that the men could do, but they were paid less for the same job. Since then women have demanded rights for equal pay and equal treatment. Because the workforce have become more diverse with gender, age, and culture it has caused organizations to change how they attain workers and maintain their numbers.
The older workers are still present in the workforce is making HR to consider alternative ways for hiring, training, and what type of benefits plans to offer as enticements.Today HR managers needs to spend considerable time and money in training in new technology and keep them updated. The future US workforce groups in 2025 would be mostly aged population over 60 years.
The workforce I filled with many kinds of technology such as computers, internet, smart phones and many mobile devices that has opened communication where everything seems to move at the speed of light. Therefore, HR will need to be on their toes to meet every task in the future.
- Anderson, B. E. (2000). Journal of Economic Perspectives. Worker Protection Policies in the New, 207-214.DeCenzo, D. A. (2016).
- Fundamentals of Human Resource Management. Danvers, MA: John Wiley ; Sons.Effortless HR. (2018).
- Retrieved from The Past, Present and Future Workforce: https://www.effortlesshr.com/blog/present-future-workforce-generations/Huczynski, A. ;. (2010). Organizational behaviour.
- London: Financial Times Prentice Hall.Khan, A. H. (2012). Impact of job satisfaction on employee performance: An empirical study of autonomous Medical Institutions of Pakistan.
- African Journal of Business Management, 2697.Micheal Bailey. (2018). Retrieved from Demographic shifts and the HR challenges of the future: https://www.michaelbaileyassociates.com/news/hr/demographic-shifts-and-the-hr-challenges-of-the-futureWomen in the Workplace. (n.d.).
- Retrieved from http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2010-09-15/edit-page/28241044_1_indian-women-chinese-women-chinese-counterpart