Wales and Scotland
- This is the Welsh flag – The Red Dragon of Wales.
- The Welsh language is one of the oldest in Europe. 20% of the population speaks Welsh.
- Do you like vegetables? The Welsh national symbol is a leek.
- Are you good at spelling? A town in Wales has the longest name in Britain! Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllanttysiliogogogoch
- There are lots of castles in Wales. They were built in the Middle Ages, when the Welsh fought the English.
- Wales is called Cymru in Welsh. Don’t call Welsh people English. They aren’t. They’re Welsh!
- Every year there are music and art festivals called Eisteddfods. They began around 1,000 years ago.
Order custom essay Timesaver Customs & Lifestyle in the Uk & Ireland with free plagiarism report
Read about Wales. Find the places on the map and write the letters.
- Feeling sporty? Why not go to a rugby match? There are 47 clubs in Cardiff!
- Take a boat from Cardigan Bay and see thousands of seals and dolphins.
- Go surfing! Whitesands Bay is a hit with surfers. And it’s also got great swimming and diving.
- Baa! Wales is the most important sheep farming area in Europe. It’s got 11 million sheep!WALES
- Ancient! In Anglesey you can see remains of Celtic villages.
Celts moved into Wales around 4000 BC. 6 The highest mountain in Wales is Snowdon. It’s great for walking and climbing.
Did you know that we have over 70,000 essays on 3,000 topics in our database?
Cite this page
Timesaver Customs & Lifestyle in the Uk & Ireland. (2019, Feb 11). Retrieved from https://phdessay.com/timesaver-customs-lifestyle-in-the-uk-ireland/