ZAMBOANGA CITY STATE POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
Direction: encircle the letter of the correct answer.
1. This is a kind of saw that is used for ripping purposes
Order custom essay Rizal Chapter 22 with free plagiarism report
- a. crosscut saw
- b. a rip saw
- c. miter said.
- d. the dovetail saw
2. The kind of chisel with a light-duty tool used to plane long surfaces parallel with the grain of the wood.
- a. Paring chisels. Pocket chisel
- b. firming chiseled. Mill chisel
3. A chisel with heavy-duty tool adopted to withstand the severe strain, as in framing work and where deep cuts are necessary.
- a. pocket chisels. Paring chisel
- b. firming chiseled. Mill chisel
4. The kind of saw that is being used for crosscutting purposes. a. miter saw.
- a. rip saw
- b. dovetail said
5. A kind of rough facing tool which is generally used for sharpening stakes and cutting down timber to rough sizes.
- a. Ship added. Hatchet
- b. Broad. Claw hammer
6. The other name for smooth facing tools is?
- a. driving tools.
- b. Rough facing tools
- c.. tooth cutting tools.
- d. Edge cutting tools
7. The plane that consists of 28 to 30 inches long is the?
- a. jointer planes. Fore plane
- b. jack paned. Smooth plane
8. Classification of tools that are specially designed to make holes in wood.
- a. tooth cutting tools. Smooth cutting tools
- b. boring tools
- c. Edge cutting tools
9. It is a kind of plane that is being used for making a sinking cut on wood to make them fit to each other.
- a. Rabbet planes.
- b. Grooving plane.
- c. Fillister planed.
- d. Router
10. This is a kind of boring tool which is small and used for punching or piercing small holes. it is generally used in starting a nail or screw into the hardwood
- a. brad awls. Auger
- b. gimlet. Cutter bit
Test 11: Modified True or False Direction: Write the word true if the answer is true, and change the underlined word of the statement if the answer is false.
Write your answer on the space provided for
- Vice is a table tool used to hold a piece of material rigidly secured in place to absorb severe elbows. _____________
- Compass is used in dividing distances into equal parts such as an arc and circumference including straight lines. ___________
- Scriber is made up of hard ended steel with a sharp point design to mark a fine line. __________
- Clamps are effective in tightly pressing pieces of wood or metal together in making tenon, mortise, and other joints. _________
- Fillister plane is used in cutting across the wood grain. _________
- Claw hammer is a hand tool with head and shank used for turning screws. ________
- Wrenches are tools with hand and jaw which may be fitted to the head of the nut used to tighten or loosen the bolts. __________
- Oil stone is used after the grinding operation to achieve a smooth and keen edge of the tools. ________
- Rough facing tools are also called striking tools. _________
- In carpentry, we use Level both for guiding and testing the work to a vertical or horizontal position. _________
Test 111: Fill in the blank Direction: Choose the correct answer on the box and write it in the blank.
- The defects in wood that usually occur at the starting point of the limb or branch Of the wood is called the ___________.
- The _________ are radial cracks originating at the heart of the logs.
- We used the term _________ to the operation performed in preparing wood for commercial purposes.
- The process of sawing into smaller pieces after the removal of the branches is what we called the _________.
- Te term ________ means that pieces of logs are moved to an assembly area, loaded to transport equipment then carried out of the forest to a sawmill.
- As applied to wood, ________ means the ability to resist decay or simply the end of its life under a given condition.
- The resistance of the wood to cleavage along the grains is the _________.
- ________ is expressed as resistance to an indentation or to the saw or ax across the grain.
- A ________ is a fibrous substance which composes the trunk and branches of a tree that lies between the pitch and the bark.
- In the preparation of wood, ________ is a piece of lumber less than 1-1/2 inches thick and at least 4 inches wide.
Test 1V: Identification Direction: Identify the correct answer to the statement below.
- ________ the kind of tool used for marking and testing work which has a 90-degree angle.
- ________ is a tool which has a combination of 45 and 90-degree angle.
- ________ the longer and wider part of the framing square.
- ________ this is the shorter and narrower part of the square.
- ________ the point of the square which the tongue and body meet on the outside edge.
- ________ is a device used as a guide of the handsaw in cutting objects to form a miter joint.
- ________ a metal tool used to check or obtain a vertical line.
- ________ double bevel square used to divide an angle in a complicated work in one setting.
- ________ a marking tool with a round head used for marking rough works.
- _______ is a kind of marking tool that is used to inscribe an arc or a circle.
Did you know that we have over 70,000 essays on 3,000 topics in our database?