Over the years the companies under AHL have built an enviable reputation of being a reliable vendor of consistently high quality, on-time delivery, and compliance with international labor laws & environmental standards. Companies under AHL have been supplying textiles to several large retail chains in the European Union and North America for the last 20 years and enjoy prominent status with them. Our reputation is based on the simple philosophy that “consistently high quality, on-time delivery, and competitive price are the essence of long term relationship in export business”.
The Textile complex is made up of:
- Apex Spinning & Knitting Mills Limited; year of establishment 1991 Vertical operation, Fabric to garments;
- Apex Lingerie Limited; year of establishment 1999 Vertical operation, Fabric to garments; 1. 8 - 2. 0 million pcs/month bra
- Apex Textile Printing Mills Limited; year of establishment 2006 Vertical operation, Fabric to garments; 1. 0 - 1. 2 million pcs/month knit-garments and 3. 4 to 3. 6 million pcs/month of underwear (men’s & ladies)
- Apex Yarn Dyeing Limited; year of establishment 2003 Cotton, polyester & nylon yarn dyeing as well as sewing and embroidery threads
Haven’t found the relevant content? Hire a subject expert to help you with Ratio Analysis on Spinning Industry Ltd
$35.80 for a 2-page paper
The AHL textile complex is located in a 17 acre fully owned compound, 35 km from Dhaka international airport on Dhaka-Tangail highway. The different units are housed in separate built spaces consisting of about 100,000 square meters. The complex is equipped with prime power (15 MW), steam (45 T/hr), Thermo boiler (75 million BTU), Hot water (from waste heat), Compressed air (2500 cuM/hour), Process water treatment (8. 0 million liters/day), and effluent treatment (8. 0 million liters/day). Along with the production facilities, the complex has a clinic attended by doctors and nurses, childcare facilities. Both these are for workers at free of cost. In addition, there is a large dining area and a subsidized canteen for the workers.
1. Apex Spinning & Knitting Mills Limited Apex Spinning & Knitting Mills Limited (ASKML) is a fully vertical set up to manufacture high-quality Knit-garments for Children, Ladies and Men’s, using in-house fabrics. ASKML is equipped to produce a wide range of solid dyed fabrics and all-over printed fabrics (reactive, disperse, acid and pigments) using a variety of designs provided by the buyer and/or from ASKML’s own design department. The fabric can be circular knit or warp knit, 100% cotton, polyester, nylon, or various blends, with or without elastane, yarn-dyed, or solid dyed, all from in-house source. The 42 sewing lines are equipped to produce garments starting from the basic Page 2 of Profile of the Textile Complex of Apex Holdings children’s items to ladies/men’s hooded sports jackets based on designs and specifications and accessories as required by the buyer. The total production capacity of the ASKML is 2. 2 to 2. million pieces per month, as shown below, with sufficient flexibility to allow 25-40% additional capacity of any one of the items. Infants Pcs / month Children’s Pcs / month 1,500,000 – 1,600,000 Ladies Pcs / month 200,000 - 250,000 400,000 - 450,000
2. Apex Lingerie Limited Apex Lingerie Limited (ALL) has been setup as a fully vertical operation for the sole purpose of manufacturing high-quality brassiere. ALL specializes in brassieres using mostly in house fabrics, narrow fabrics ( elastics), etc. Apex Lingerie Limited produces a wide range of styles and designs using a variety of fabrics, lace, and accessories based on customer’s requirements. The plant is fully equipped to produce high quality molded and non-molded bra, with or without a pad, with or without underwire and bra with traditional seams. The total production capacity of the ALL for the different types of the bra is 1. 8 to 2. 0 million pieces of bra per month. The production facility is sufficiently flexible to allow 15-20% additional capacity for any of the items. Sports Bra Pcs/month Girls Bra Pcs/month 500,000- 550,000 Ladies Bra; standard Pcs/month 600,000- 650,000 Ladies Bra; fashion Pcs/month 300,000- 350,000 400,000- 450,000
3. Apex Textile Printing Mills Limited Apex Textile Printing Mills Limited (ATPML) is a fully vertical set up to manufacture high-quality Knit-garments and both ladies & men’s underwear using in-house fabrics. High-quality knit-garments for infants and children are manufactured on one floor. In the separate two floors, men’s and ladies' underwear and other intimate apparels are made. Both the sewing floors use in-house fabrics and components manufactured within the Apex textile complex. The plant is equipped with facilities to produce garments starting from the infant sleep sack/bodysuits to ladies/men’s hooded sports jackets, based on designs, fabrics, and accessories as required by the buyer. The garments can be from basic to complicated cut & sew, with placement prints, embroidery, or both. Page 3 of Profile of the Textile Complex of Apex Holdings The production capacity of the knitwear section of ATPML is about 1. 0 to 1. million pieces per month of knit garments and that of the underwear floors are about 3. 4 to 3. 6 million pieces per month. The two tables below show the capacities of the 3 floors in ATPML. The capacities of different types of knit-garment, with sufficient flexibility to allow 25-40% additional capacity of any one of the items. Infants Pcs / month Children’s Pcs / month 400,000 - 450,000 Ladies apparel Pcs / month 300,000 - 350,000 300,000 - 400,000 The table below shows the sewing capacities of underwear in ATPML. Children’s underwear Pcs / month 600,000 - 700,000.
Ladies underwear Pcs / month 1,200,000 – 1,250,000 Man’s underwear Pcs / month 1,600,000 – 1,650,000 Facilities within Apex Textile complex: Apex textile complex is the combination of these 3 vertical operations, from fabrics to garment factories along with Apex Yarn Dyeing Mills limited. Most of the fabrics and other materials for the garments are produced within the Textile complex. Items like lace, under-wires, ring-slide, and some special components are imported. Hangers, poly-bags, printed individual boxes, woven labels, etc are locally available.
Each of the three garments factories; ASKML (knitwear), ALL (Bra) & ATPML (underwear & knitwear) have separate and complete set-ups for garment manufacturing, starting from design- sample-pattern to garment finishing.
1. a. Sample, Pattern and design department: The department in each of the garment manufacturing units is equipped with CAD (Lectra and/or Garber) systems and between 60 to 80 sewing machines to produce samples according to buyer’s specifications and /or Apex’s own designs (see page XX). All samples are fitted on appropriate fitting-forms and on live models before sending them to the buyers. From digitized patterns, all production markers are produced with optimum efficiency. Page 4 of Profile of the Textile Complex of Apex Holdings Sections of sample, pattern & design department.
1. b. Cutting department: The cutting department for each of the sewing floors is equipped with fabric inspection, 8 to 12 cutting tables, straight knife, band knife, and stripe fabric pilling or lace pilling setups. The capacities of each cutting departments are carefully matched with the respective sewing capacities, between 60,000 to 100,000 pieces each day. All cut pieces are checked and are prepared into bundles of 20 to 40 pieces. The bundle baskets are sent to the sewing section. Before cutting 100% of the fabrics are inspected and laid for sufficient time on cutting tables for relaxation. Sections of the cutting floor Page 5 of Profile of the Textile Complex of Apex Holdings.
1. c. Sewing department: All the sewing floors are equipped with modern apparel machinery and attachments. The mechanical department is fully equipped with specialized attachment making within facilities. The lines are laid out in a manner to allow 100% inspection of the garments during production. Sewing floor.
1. d. Finishing department: Completed garments in size lots are cleaned of loose threads, dust, etc in vacuum suction device, as required. Subsequently, the garments are transferred into an enclosed humidity-controlled (air-conditioned) room, where, for the Bra and underwear, the garments are inspected and for the knitwear’s, the garments are finished with a steam iron on vacuum tables. After putting all packaging accessories each piece is checked with a needle detector before packing for shipment. For all orders, internal AQL is determined before the buyer’s inspection. Page 6 of Profile of the Textile Complex of Apex Holdings. Sections of the finishing floor Another section of the finishing floor.
1. e. Molding & Laminating: Apex Lingerie Limited mainly uses the molding & laminating facility. This section is equipped with foam molding, elastic fabric molding, rigid fabric molding, die-cutting (for both foam & fabric) and fabric-fabric, foam-fabric, fiber fill-fabric Laminating machinery. Foam molding Capacity: 52,000 pairs/day and fabric molding capacity: 70,000 pairs/day. Foam & fabric molding section.
1. f. Hook & eye tape making: Apex Lingerie Limited mainly uses the hook & eye tape making facility. This section is equipped with fully computerized machinery to Page 7 of Profile of the Textile Complex of Apex Holdings produce both hook tape and eye tapes of up to 4 rows. The Hook & eye capacity is about 80,000 pieces/day. Hook & eye making setup 2. Fabrics: A large variety of wide fabrics (circular knit & warp knit), using a wide range of fibers, 100% cotton, polyester, nylon, various blends, micro-fibers with or without pdex and yarn dyed or solid dyed fabrics are produced exclusively for the garments units within the textile complex.
2. a. Wide Fabrics:
Circular knit fabrics: There are a total of 145 circular knitting machines, most of the machines are equipped with Spandex attachments and have extra-gauge cylinders. Circular knit fabrics can be solid dyed or yarn-dyed, with or without Spandex; Total Capacity 3 5,000 Kg/day?? Single Jersey / Pique: Capacity/day:16,500 Kg ?? Interlock / drop needle: Capacity/day: 6,000 Kg ?? Rib / drop needle rib: Capacity/day: 6,000 Kg ?? Engineering stripe (up to 6 colors): Capacity/ day: 1,500 Kg ?? 3 thread fleece: Capacity/day: 5,000 Kg Sections of circular knitting department
Page 8 of Profile of the Textile Complex of Apex Holdings Warp knit fabrics: Solid dyed or yarn-dyed, with or without Spandex ?? Tricot: Double tricot, Charmeuse, mesh, honeycomb, velour, diamond tulle etc (from rigid to 30 % elastane); Capacity: 150,000 meters / month ?? Raschel: Powernet, satinette, slee knit, one way stretch fabric etc (from 5% to 35 % elastane); Capacity: 70,000 meters / month ?? Simplex; Various types of Simplex fabrics (up to 35% elastane) Capacity: 24,000 meters to 30,000 meters/month Elastane warping, rigid yarn warping, and warp knitting sections. Collars / cuffs (SHIMA SEIKI); Capacity: 6,000 sets / day ?? Fabrics for styling Flat knitting section
2. b. Dyeing & finishing facilities for wide fabrics: ?? Dyeing machines are suitable for cotton, pdex cotton, polyamide, polyester, viscose, and various blends; Capacity 55,000 Kg/day Page 9 of Profile of the Textile Complex of Apex Holdings. 14 sample dyeing machines which can produce 40 different sample fabrics every day. This department is equipped with both open width & tubular finishing machinery. Fabric finishing section is equipped with stenter / open-width dryer, tubular-dryer / Tumble dryer / open-width compactor / tubular compactor etc suitable for enzyme finish, silicone finish or any specialized finish (e. g. , Teflon coating, antimicrobial coating etc); Capacity; 50,000 Kg / day. ?? In addition to all the options for the chemical finishing, the department has sued- / peach-finishing machines for mechanical finishes. Capacity: 5,000 Kg/day. For Fleece fabrics, the finishing section is equipped with raising machines, brushing machine,s and searing machines. Capacity: 10,000 Kg/day. Part of the dyeing department showing a section of the sample dyeing Sections of the dye-finishing Page 10 of Profile of the Textile Complex of Apex Holdings 2. c. Printed Fabrics: The printing section can produce about 50,000 meters/day of printed fabrics, with either reactive, disperse, acid or pigment dyes. The All-Over
Printing (AOP) section is equipped with: One 12 colors Rotary screen printing setup for knit fabrics with a capacity of about 25,000 meters/day. AND One 12 colors Flat-Bed printing setup for knit fabrics with a capacity of about 22,000 meters/day.
Loop steamer/polymerizer / after print washing Digital engraving Computerized design preparation Fully equipped sample & strike off preparation Color kitchen Screen preparation, sample printing. Screen preparation, sample printing, and 12 color rotary screen printing Page 11 of Profile of the Textile Complex of Apex Holdings 12 color Flatbed printing Machine.
2. d. Narrow fabrics: The narrow fabrics section is equipped with all the necessary machinery to produce a wide range of elastic and non-elastic fabrics. ?? Rubber covering (double covering): Capacity: 1200 Kg /day.
Spandex covering (single covering): Capacity: 540 Kg / day ?? Needle looms (without jacquard): Capacity: 3 50,000 meters / day. Narrow fabrics dyeing: Capacity: 350,000 meters / day. Label printing: Capacity: 200,000 labels / day Narrow fabric weaving, knitting & dyeing Page 12 of Profile of the Textile Complex of Apex Holdings 3. Yarn dyeing. Dyed yarn; cotton, polyester & nylon: Capacity: 13,000 to 15,000 Kg/day. Sewing and embroidery threads; Spun polyester, filament polyester / nylon / viscose: Capacity: 45,000 cones / day . Embroidery: Yarn dyeing, winding & spooling Capacity 15,000 pieces/ day. Solid Embroidery: 9 color machines. Embroidery on print. Sequence / cording / boring Embroidery section 5. Placement printing: Capacity: 60,000 to 100,000 pieces / day in up to 6 colors. Pigment / Discharge print.Puff / Rubber print Page 13 of Profile of the Textile Complex of Apex Holdings.Glitter / Flock print Stone attachment Foil printing / metallic shine High density printing Photo print Sections of Placement printing department 6. Pad printing & label printing:
In keeping with the need of the market, Apex has set up the facilities to print labels on label tapes as well as printing labels (particularly care labels on bra and underwear) on the body of the garments, using both pads printing machines or using transfer print labels. Washing plant: Capacity 25,000 pcs garment/day The washing plant is equipped to wash knit garments with various additives, enzymes during the wash, and also during the drying cycle. Page 14 of Profile of the Textile Complex of Apex Holdings Section of the garment washing plant
Packaging & Store:
All garments are fully inspected & packaged before an inspection by the buyer or buyer’s agent. A large area is allocated for the proper storage of the boxes before shipment. Packaging area and storage. Quality control & Textile testing In addition to the modern machinery & equipment, Apex has constantly worked with a wide range of technical experts from Japan, Philippines, Hong Kong, and Sri Lanka to improve the working and quality control procedure. Sewing technicians work constantly with the operators and supervisor to upgrade the quality standards and optimize efficiency.
Haven’t found the relevant content? Hire a subject expert to help you with Ratio Analysis on Spinning Industry Ltd
$35.80 for a 2-page paper