Kingdom of God: Is it a present kingdom or a future kingdom?
both, for the christian
Kingdom of God: Is it a physical kingdom or a spiritual kingdom?
Spiritual, but it will be physical in the future
Kingdom of God: List two other characteristics found in the reading
– People thought his kingdom was freedom from Rome, but it was freedom from sin
– not a place, but the fact that God rules
Mission of God: How is it related to God’s character?
– mission flows out of his character
– character of love
– love is the overarching characteristic of his mission of redemption and restoration for the world
Mission of God: How is God’s mission characterized?
– character is one of sending himself, always going, coming, sending in mission… sending and being sent is fundamental to who God is and what God does
Read the sidebar on Finding Your Purpose in chapter 11 of the textbook and describe the work ethic presented. What kind of work is best?
• if you are doing work that is meaningful for the world but you are miserable doing it you have not found your purpose either
• “The place where God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet”
We will write a custom essay sample on
Any topic specifically for you
For only $13.90/page Order Now
List God’s purposes for our lives from Romans 8:28-29 (see Lecture 7).
– Love God
– Be conformed to the image of Christ
What is the relationship between faith and action?
For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.
6. According to the PowerPoint on purpose, how do Christians fulfill their purpose together as individuals?
List two functions of the Spirit in a Christian’s life
List two functions of the Spirit in a Christian’s life.
• carries out the work of the Father in creation
• works within Christians to grow them up as followers of Jesus Christ.
• work to form a Christian into the image of Jesus Christ.
• Formation reminds a person that the process shapes and molds one into the likeness of Jesus himself
• Spiritual reminds a person that the process is accomplished by the Spirit of God rather than by human work
According to the Westminster Shorter Catechism quoted in the lecture, what is the primary purpose of humanity?
man’s primary purpose is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever
9. According to the PowerPoint on purpose, how do Christians fulfill their purpose together as community?